Hmm... More Information On The Chinese Company...

mali said:
BackAssward said:
Not to thread jack... it is interesting some of the European differences though. The siesta in Spain for example... other than maybe Portugal, does any other European nations have this? I frankly don't know.
I don't know either, but if it was that hot in summer in Germany at noontime like it is in Spain, we would have Siesta too, maybe.
Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siesta

Another off topic post: Btw, what is up with the cheek of the chick in your pic... it looks like she got it cut open... or of the Joker in the latest Batman movie. She's smiling, but somewhat scary looking.

As for Siesta, there are tons of places as hot, but this seems to be specific to European Spanish speaking places (yeah, I know Portugal doesn't speak 'spanish', but it's more a different dialect than a different language, unless I am mistaken).

Edit @ Mali: So yes then, my original thought, the cheek cut open. Kinda freaky. Or decomposed, or eaten away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, that avatar pic is gothic art. The black stripe on the cheek are rows of teeth, like on a skull. It's hard to see on that small pic though.
Big version:
http://gothicart.gothicarts.org/img,gothicart40.jpg/

cheerlie-cool.gif

WizardStan said:
aesir911 said:
Pleng said:
SONY said:
MESSAGE BODY (from Chinese): Send all money me now. We love you long time~

Jesus, if you're going to use racial stereotypes at least fit the right stereotype with the right race!

that's pretty damn close if you read it in context with the whole post. obviously you have not dealt with them...
"Me love you long time" is a line from a song, often spoofed in comedy skits, about a VIETNAMESE hooker, not Chinese.
Are you sure it wasn't in Full Metal Jacket first?

Hehe, that's great :D
I think this thread is through :lol:
Edit:
Sure!
disco.gif

Edit:
@song, my head explodes...

Those cheerleader emoticons are from Bosbeetle from a Dutch board.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~olie/fok/smilies/eerste100.htm

BackAssward said:
ashdjones said:
It's still Asia mind you. Vietnam borders with China.
And Mexico Borders with the US, and are both in North America... and Germany borders with France and both are in Europe... That's not really a valid point you have there.

Edit @ ashdjones: I thought you were implying that their proximity and shared continent meant that confusing them was fine... when in fact, I was saying that they are as similar as Germany is to France, or the US is to Mexico... that is, not at all.

Big difference though. More wars and mixes of races in Asia than the Americas. 16 million Asian men can be traced back to Genghis Khan for example. The Chinese conquered and ruled Vietnam from 1st century to 11st century. China had over half a million troops stationed in Vietnam in 1979-1987... things probably happened. But yeah, there is a difference (not as big though as you imply).

BackAssward said:
As for Siesta, there are tons of places as hot, but this seems to be specific to European Spanish speaking places (yeah, I know Portugal doesn't speak 'spanish', but it's more a different dialect than a different language, unless I am mistaken).

Portoguese is not a dialect of the same language of Spanish: they are both romance languages and they are about as related as English and German are.

As for siesta, some people in Italy use to take a short nap in the afternoon just like siesta, but only during the weekend, or if they don't have to work at fixed hours. Traditional shop opening hours allow for it, however.

Back