Nds Emu?

Exophase said:
God Ginrai said:
True, but so would asking stupid questions. In fact, most things people say on the internet would get them punched in the face in real life for either being ignorant or a jackass.

Getting punched in the face for being ignorant is standard protocol? Are you out of your mind? If you punch someone in the face for asking a stupid question you've probably got really serious issues.

Punching people in the face because they are a jackass isn't standard protocol either, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I still think you're going to get punched for being a deliberate jerk way more than you will be for asking something stupid. Or I grossly misunderstand people.

Sure, the kind of ribbing that goes on here usually won't result in violence, but pretty standard trolling elsewhere might. Hell, some of the stuff anon does could very well get them killed if done openly.

Exophase said:
Okay, I still think you're going to get punched for being a deliberate jerk way more than you will be for asking something stupid. Or I grossly misunderstand people.

Maybe, but if you limit the times that they are being punched because they are a jerk to the specific cases where they were being a jerk in response to someone being ignorant, I think you will come up with a number much closer to the amount of people who get punched for being ignorant.

-God Ginrai

Mmm...

An interesting topic has developed here.

I would like to say that that i didnt write my post as a personal attack on anyone. And i certainly dont want to take the moral highground over anyone. I just felt sorry for the poor lad who wanted to ask what he thought was a simple question, and got totally panned for his efforts.

As for 'have some fucking manners'. That was supposed to be a joke too (in the style of gordon ramsey!) I would have thought that the juxtaposition of the word 'manners' with the word 'fuck' should have made that clear. I do apologise if anyone was offended by the language. But that brings me to an interesting point:

The subtlety of the spoken language gets completely lost when printed. Things that we say to people face to face that would be just 'matey banter' can come across as downright rude when printed.

Which reinforces me original point: we shouldnt flame these hoobs that ask questions that seem to us to be stupid. A simple 'please use the search function' would suffice.

The word 'geek' is an interesting one. Most people see it as an insult or derogative comment. However those who are badged with the title of geek seem to be proud it. They often see themselves as the under-appreciated scholar, who is in fact well schooled in their own particular domain, although that domain isnt fully appreciated by society. There is nothing wrong with this. But there is a negative aspect that creeps up in the scene; elitism. A certain desperate edge to prove your 'metal' in the scene.

I am a self confessed geek; i love retro computer games as much as the next man. However i am not under the illusion that it is any way, shape or form, important! It certainly isnt worth insulting some kid if he happens to ask if you can play N64 games on your machine!

Right, thats it! Was i ranting? Oh well...
I'm off to listen to 'the ebony and the ivory' now...
Oh why cant we all just get along (man)

^ I understood what you wanted to say ;) I've seen worse newbie bashings on GP32X in the past though and I think it's slowly moving in the right direction. I don't think the OP's question was stupid, just uninformed and in the wrong section :p
Whatever, we shouldn't take this all too seriously. Making jokes and being sarcastic makes things interesting at least.

mazz said:
I would like to say that that i didnt write my post as a personal attack on anyone. And i certainly dont want to take the moral highground over anyone.
You didn't mean it to, but that's what it sounded like, and thus you have learned a very important lesson first hand: it is very easy for what you say on the internet to be taken the wrong way, and some people ARE more sensitive to insult than other where none was intended.

mazz said:
As for 'have some fucking manners'. That was supposed to be a joke too (in the style of gordon ramsey!) I would have thought that the juxtaposition of the word 'manners' with the word 'fuck' should have made that clear.
You thought wrong. I refer you to the same type of people that argue that apple juice is not a liquid and therefore doesn't void their warranty that I so very much wish to punch in the face sometimes. :p
edit: I refer you to them as a joke because they also tend to be the kind of people that use curse words as punctuation.

mazz said:
Which reinforces me original point: we shouldnt flame these hoobs that ask questions that seem to us to be stupid. A simple 'please use the search function' would suffice.
Except there was no flaming in this thread at all. The closest that comes is Jourdy making an obviously joke (obvious because of the smiley face, the fastest and easiest way to show emotion in print) followed by a lot of "that's a good idea but what about the screen"
At least, there was no flaming until the original poster came back and responded to Jourdy in apparent seriousness, and then you suggesting that we should stop flaming the poor guy.
That's what bothered me most about your post. You're saying not to pan the guy for asking a question, but I don't see anything that could have really been taken as anything other than explanation, acceptance, or an obvious joke. Point me to the post that warranted your rant so that I at least know what was actually done wrong so we can consider correcting it in the future.

I think the real problem with this thread is that some people are joking about and others are taking these jokes as full-on trolling and attacks. None of you seem to be able to tell when someone's being serious. That's why I'm ashamed of everyone here but Exophase.

That's because it's not his fault: he's always serious, he's fucking Exophase.

lets get this conversation back to punching in the face. way more interesting imo.
God Ginrai said:
Exophase said:

Maybe, but if you limit the times that they are being punched because they are a jerk to the specific cases where they were being a jerk in response to someone being ignorant, I think you will come up with a number much closer to the amount of people who get punched for being ignorant.

-God Ginrai
like those ignorant vaporware twats?

seriously where do you live GG? the projects of detroit? Getting punched in the face is fairly difficult. Most people try to avoid fights and when a fight does actually break out people generally do all that they can to avoid being punched in the face. yes its the main target if your in a fight (unless your outmatched, then the balls are a good choice) but its also the last place you want to be punched in (besides the balls), which makes it a hard target. In fights I've been in or seen, a face punch is rare and devastating.

MonkeyChops said:
lets get this conversation back to punching in the face. way more interesting imo.
God Ginrai said:
Exophase said:

-God Ginrai
like those ignorant vaporware twats?

seriously where do you live GG? the projects of detroit? Getting punched in the face is fairly difficult. Most people try to avoid fights and when a fight does actually break out people generally do all that they can to avoid being punched in the face. yes its the main target if your in a fight (unless your outmatched, then the balls are a good choice) but its also the last place you want to be punched in (besides the balls), which makes it a hard target. In fights I've been in or seen, a face punch is rare and devastating.

You would be surprised how many people think with their brawn and not with their brains in the South. I have seen it all too many times.

-God Ginrai

Um, can we get back to our original problem? Which was displaying the two screens of the DS on the one screen of the Pandora I believe...

OrR said:
Um, can we get back to our original problem? Which was displaying the two screens of the DS on the one screen of the Pandora I believe...

That's the problem with the so-called internet memes (ie, vapid fads), people keep uttering them long after they become funny...

mazz said:
The word 'geek' is an interesting one. Most people see it as an insult or derogative comment. However those who are badged with the title of geek seem to be proud it. They often see themselves as the under-appreciated scholar, who is in fact well schooled in their own particular domain, although that domain isnt fully appreciated by society. There is nothing wrong with this. But there is a negative aspect that creeps up in the scene; elitism. A certain desperate edge to prove your 'metal' in the scene.
I think I'm the only one who mentioned being proud of being a geek. :p I'm glad to say that I possess none of the traits you describe, though. Elitism is a bad creed, methinks.

sebt3 said:
Exo had approved ? I din't knew. Too cool we are going to be able to play 3 DS games at the same times. I knew the pandora was powerfull enough.
Guys, forget being punched in the face. We're getting a 3DS Emulator!

just for the hell of it.....the 3ds only has one analog stick, so it would be very awkward to emulate it because you would constantly have to keep both thumbs on the pandoras analog always pushing them in the same direction to get the right results of one analog

DaMummy said:
just for the hell of it.....the 3ds only has one analog stick, so it would be very awkward to emulate it because you would constantly have to keep both thumbs on the pandoras analog always pushing them in the same direction to get the right results of one analog
But... That's... Not... Ugh.

My brain melted.

Exophase said:
That's the problem with the so-called internet memes (ie, vapid fads), people keep uttering them long after they become funny...
Yeah, but that's kind of a recursive meme all by itself...
DaMummy said:
Oh damn, I hadn't thought of that! :eek:

OrR said:
Exophase said:
On soviet internet, meme overuses you!

plus, who actually has the patience to write a software that will make our pandora LCD project 3D images?

WizardStan said:
OrR said:
Exophase said:
On soviet internet, meme overuses you!

Prff, you've used that line one too many times.

Hang on - ... just off to let my brain explode with irony.

DaMummy said:
plus, who actually has the patience to write a software that will make our pandora LCD project 3D images?

I think that if we get past this, as with the NDS emu, then a 3DS emulator will likely be simplicity itself. After all, the only really hard part will be the screen, yes?

Well, the 3DS has a slider on the right hand side which controls 3D depth - we could just force that to output no depth at all while emulating. Problem solved! There's also the possibility that we could scale both images down and set them side by side on the Pandora screen - then just cross your eyes (or go parallel if that's your bag) to get the 3D effect. The real problem though will be fitting all three screen images on the Pandora screen at once, but that's simple if you use TV Out. Those lucky few that have a 3D-capable TV could have the top 3D screen on there, too.

So really, the screen is no more a problem than the NDS emu has, and like the NDS emu, once it's solved then the rest will be easy. We just need a nicely optimised dynarec.

D.

Back