nds emu for pandora

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Dreamcast? YES.

PSP is actually a WIP but I haven't seen much lately...

NDS? I want it, that's for sure, but not sure if it'll happen.

SOMEBODY START A POOL.

They could just put both screens on the pandora screen: DS screen = 256x192 so 256x384 in total (or a bit more if you want some space between the screens. the Pandora has a vertical resolution of 480 so that enough to put both screens on it, although the screens will be very small :p

They could just put both screens on the pandora screen: DS screen = 256x192 so 256x384 in total (or a bit more if you want some space between the screens. the Pandora has a vertical resolution of 480 so that enough to put both screens on it, although the screens will be very small :p

No, that doesn't work. Remember that the upper screen of the DS is no touchy one. It would blast the dynarec if you'd accidently hit it.

Dreamcast? YES.

PSP is actually a WIP but I haven't seen much lately...

NDS? I want it, that's for sure, but not sure if it'll happen.

SOMEBODY START A POOL.

I'm willing to donate 15 gallons of tap water if you'd like to start a pool. If it's a large pool and you'd like it to be the same as the ones in public baths, I'll even throw in a bottle of urine and a used sticky plaster - collection only of course.

NDS emulation seems a bit pointless. PRobably the best route would be to hold down a button to show the alter which screen is displayed, but always having touchscreen mapped to the lower screen (or upper - whatever, I never used an NDS - they look shit). Still, what about holding the pandora sideways and having one screen on top of the other? Maybe with a mini projector it'd be ok. Maybe some king of wifi connection could broadcast the second screen to a mobile phone - since the framerate would likely be pathetic anyway. Maybe you could just get a second hand NDS (sell the pandora maybe and emulate a pandora on your new NDS - that's about as sensible). Maybe you could play something better, like a C64 game or a PSX game.

PSP emulation would be nice though.

If you can figure out how to compensate for the lack of second screen please share :)

Rotate the screen sideways?

Then you use some sort of external control pad, such as the iCP, for the non touch controls.

Not ideal, but I think it could work.

Then in Pandora 2.0, we can request an actual rotating screen ;)

No, that doesn't work. Remember that the upper screen of the DS is no touchy one. It would blast the dynarec if you'd accidently hit it.

But surely an emulator could be made so that it just ignores presses on that part of the screen?

Last edited by a moderator:
But surely an emulator could be made so that it just ignores presses on that part of the screen?
Just as a heads up: everyone in this thread is being very silly. I don't know how many times an NDS emulator has come up, but every time it does someone brings up the two screens and all the regulars start throwing around the same silly ideas to solve the "problem": it's a huge joke now. The problem doesn't exist: getting two screens to work on our one screen would be a very simple task. The problem is everything else that goes into the emulator: there's a lot of stuff in a DS that makes it hard to emulate. That is why we don't have a DS emulator yet, not because two screens causes any real problem.

+1 for WizStan

This topic has run it's course.

yes... now we need to wait the next one that should come in ~3weeks...

I am already trying to find some new inventive way to place two screen :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want some DS action on your pandora, simply install Debian on SD and install desmume via synaptic. Good luck getting over 2 FPS :)

Back