Nds Emu?

mazz said:
Have some fucking manners!
Ironically, the thread was quite civil, even jovial at times (albeit annoying), until you came along and said this. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
pspman354 said:
Jourdy288 said:
Fishbong said:
pspman354 said:
do you think that there will be a nindo ds emu for pandora????
no
Is this a new console I've never heard of? A company I've never heard of? Nindo? :lol:

you obviously know what im taking about you fuckin geek
Whoah, not cool, fella, not cool.

(Just to let you know, some of us are very, very proud to be geeks. ;))

mali said:
^ I don't quite have the same sentiments, tbh. The OP's question has been answered. People are bored and pulled out that old worn out how-to-emulate-two-screens meme to have some fun. So far I haven't seen any overly harsh posts.

I know it looks like good harmless fun to us, but that one time the poster went totally apeshit ballistic and I'd really like to prevent that from happening again :(

It can take a newcomer a little while to get into the swing of how a given forum's sense of humour works, indeed.

I wonder if it's just simpler to point out to the new folks that it's a joke as early as possible. I did manage to mention the acerbic posts in my first response, but I'm so used to the memes around here that I forgot to mention the jokes. :p I guess I'll try to remember this next time.

@mazz
Next time you try and take the moral high ground how about you don't fill your post with personal attacks. <_<

Maybe the meme was a little silly, and maybe people were a little rude about the OP's spelling, but I don't think it remotely warranted such an angry rant.

people that get offended easily need to stay away from internet forums, not all of us can be as angelic as EvilDragon

DaMummy said:
people that get offended easily need to stay away from internet forums, not all of us can be as angelic as EvilDragon

Sure you can, you just choose not to be. Deliberately having fun at the expense of others shouldn't be in the spirit of these forums.

The "people that get offended easily" refrain is all too often used an excuse for behaviour that would rightly get you punched in the face in real life.

The fact is, most people expect a certain level of civility. The problem is when it's tricky to differentiate well-intentioned sarcastic humour from unpleasantness, due to the lack of being able to gauge body-language and other visual or audio cues which you would encounter in person-to-person conversation. :p

EDIT: Ninja'd. :ph34r:

mazz said:

Come on guys. Some people out there have lives that dont actually revolve around emulation of 20 yr old games systems! Some of them (... I've heard it, but i can quite believe it...) have social lives and even... (OMG!) ...girlfriends!

I'm really trying to figure out what this has to do with anything.

Are you saying he's just too busy banging his girlfriend to do a quick search or read the FAQ? Hmm... maybe you're right. I guess as a socially awkward, neck-bearded, basement dweller I just wouldn't understand.

Exophase said:
DaMummy said:

Sure you can, you just choose not to be. Deliberately having fun at the expense of others shouldn't be in the spirit of these forums.
quite frankly i got the same treatment when i first got here and had no problem sticking around, i also had my dumb noob questions simply out of amazement of the pandora, and this forums spirit is to provide wiki's and stickies that even state READ THIS FIRST and THE LIST OF THINGS YOU DONT DO in big block letters, but if their nature is to completely ignore all that info then theres really not much more that can be done. the person that said that theres no such thing as dumb questions must have done some research and actually read a thing or two. i mean no offense to anybody and am all about sarcasm when it comes to humor but you have to draw the line somewhere, and its not like nds emulation wouldnt be advertised to hell and back if it was currently available on the pandora, it sure wouldnt be some big secret, even though ari64 decided to miraculously show up out of nowhere with huge process in n64 emulation, so unless he has some evil cousin that has a beard as long as ED's hair, we're out of luck for now

Prometheus said:
The "people that get offended easily" refrain is all too often used an excuse for behaviour that would rightly get you punched in the face in real life.

True, but so would asking stupid questions. In fact, most things people say on the internet would get them punched in the face in real life for either being ignorant or a jackass.

-God Ginrai

pspman354 said:
you obviously know what im taking about you fuckin geek
psst, you're on a geek forum.

on a wild tangent: a blind guy walks into a dyke pub, sits at the bar, orders a beer and yells out loud 'who wants to hear a joke about blondes?'

the bartender, a seen-it-all girl, seeing the guy is blind, whispers to him 'pal, i'm blond, the sister sitting on your right is blonde, and has a black belt in judo, and the girl sitting at the table behind you is blond, and does 260lb on the bench. are you sure about the whole blondes joke thing?'

guy pauses for a second, and then replies 'nah, i changed my mind. i wouldn't want to repeat the joke three times.'

God Ginrai said:
Prometheus said:

True, but so would asking stupid questions. In fact, most things people say on the internet would get them punched in the face in real life for either being ignorant or a jackass.

-God Ginrai
:lol:

I suppose. :p

That said, I think that sometimes asking a stupid question is better than not asking, and then ending up making an incorrect assumption. At least that way something tends to get learned. "The first step to knowledge is knowing how to say 'I don't know.'.", as they say.

DaMummy said:
quite frankly i got the same treatment when i first got here and had no problem sticking around, i also had my dumb noob questions simply out of amazement of the pandora, and this forums spirit is to provide wiki's and stickies that even state READ THIS FIRST and THE LIST OF THINGS YOU DONT DO in big block letters, but if their nature is to completely ignore all that info then theres really not much more that can be done. the person that said that theres no such thing as dumb questions must have done some research and actually read a thing or two. i mean no offense to anybody and am all about sarcasm when it comes to humor but you have to draw the line somewhere, and its not like nds emulation wouldnt be advertised to hell and back if it was currently available on the pandora, it sure wouldnt be some big secret, even though ari64 decided to miraculously show up out of nowhere with huge process in n64 emulation, so unless he has some evil cousin that has a beard as long as ED's hair, we're out of luck for now

Okay, but none of that has anything to do with what I was saying. I understand being tired of the same questions over and over again and I understand responding sarcastically out of this frustration, but you admitted to wanting to cause problems in return. And I don't think it's too much to ask to try to refrain from this.

God Ginrai said:

Getting punched in the face for being ignorant is standard protocol? Are you out of your mind? If you punch someone in the face for asking a stupid question you've probably got really serious issues.

Exophase said:
Getting punched in the face for being ignorant is standard protocol? Are you out of your mind? If you punch someone in the face for asking a stupid question you've probably got really serious issues.
You've obviously never stood in line at a small electronics store behind someone trying to argue that apple juice wasn't a liquid, therefore it didn't void their warranty. :p

WizardStan said:
You've obviously never stood in line at a small electronics store behind someone trying to argue that apple juice wasn't a liquid, therefore it didn't void their warranty. :p

That is NOT the same as asking a stupid question and you know it. That said, if someone punches a customer for being difficult over returns they're probably going to get fired, sued, and possibly arrested, not necessarily in that order.

Wow, I didn't mean to inadvertently start a debate about punching people in the face, here. :lol: (I was merely being figurative about poor conduct.)

Exophase said:
That is NOT the same as asking a stupid question and you know it. That said, if someone punches a customer for being difficult over returns they're probably going to get fired, sued, and possibly arrested, not necessarily in that order.
Smiley face, smiley face. I was trying to lighten things a little, not add to the tension. :)

Back