Nds Emu?

youd think somebody's bring old threads to life, but its rally a new thread over and over again, its as if nobody has ever had such an amazing idea

Long story short: an NDS emulator is theoretically possible, but to actually be useful it would need to be written from scratch, and no one with a Pandora is currently interested in taking on such a monumental task.
There is no problem with displaying two screens, it has been solved many many times. It's all about the CPUs.
No, the fact that the NDS uses ARM (similar to what's in the Pandora) does not really help. It might help with some stuff, but there are enough differences that it would still be a lot of work.

Derek said:
MonkeyChops said:
nds on the pandora? there's only one screen!
The DS screens resolution is 256 X 192 pixels. So for both screens you need 512 X 384 pixels total to handle both screens, the Pandora's screen is 800 X 480 pixels which is more than enough to display the two screens.
Nope, the two DS screens would be 512 X 192 pixels which is too high for the Pandora because the Pandora's screen is only 480 pixels high! (not 512)

Last edited by a moderator:
OrR said:
Derek said:
MonkeyChops said:
The DS screens resolution is 256 X 192 pixels. So for both screens you need 512 X 384 pixels total to handle both screens, the Pandora's screen is 800 X 480 pixels which is more than enough to display the two screens.
Nope, the two DS screens would be 512 X 192 pixels which is too high for the Pandora because the Pandora's screen is only 480 pixels high! (not 512)
Actually, if you stack them sideways, with screen like this [ 1 ][ 2 ], then it would work fine. 192px high, and 512px wide, which more than fits.

EDIT: Got my heights/widths mixed up.

Guys, please, for the love of god, stop continuing this joke. Newbs aren't getting it.

Exophase said:
Guys, please, for the love of god, stop continuing this joke. Newbs aren't getting it.

Newbs don't ignorantly ask stupid questions, noobs do. (We misspell it to show our contempt)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Newbs don't ignorantly ask stupid questions, noobs do. (We misspell it to show our contempt)

-God Ginrai

That's exactly the point. Newbs can't help not getting this joke and taking it seriously.

DaMummy said:
<br />the old xbox doesnt have built in wifi so it cant be emulated on the pandora<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No he was referring to XBox 360. That does have wifi so it'll be much easier to emulate

Wolenber said:
OrR said:
Derek said:
MonkeyChops said:
Actually, if you stack them sideways, with screen like this [ 1 ][ 2 ], then it would work fine. 192px high, and 512px wide, which more than fits.

EDIT: Got my heights/widths mixed up.
Maybe, but what about games that use the top and bottom screen like one big connected screen? That would look stupid if you put them side by side... Maybe rotate sideways so the 512 pixel heigt fits into the 800 pixel screen width? Controls would kind of suck but you'd have enough buttons if you use the keyboard as well. Any other creative ideas?

WizardStan said:
Long story short: an NDS emulator is theoretically possible, but to actually be useful it would need to be written from scratch, and no one with a Pandora is currently interested in taking on such a monumental task.
There is no problem with displaying two screens, it has been solved many many times. It's all about the CPUs.
No, the fact that the NDS uses ARM (similar to what's in the Pandora) does not really help. It might help with some stuff, but there are enough differences that it would still be a lot of work.

Mods, please lock. The question has been answered and everything after WizardStan's post is noise.

OrR said:
Come on, we need something to do while we wait for our Pandoras to arrive... :p
Well you could help finishing the PS3 emulator. It currently runs at 1 frame/hour, only needs some optimization ;)

Jourdy288 said:
Fishbong said:
pspman354 said:
do you think that there will be a nindo ds emu for pandora????
no
Is this a new console I've never heard of? A company I've never heard of? Nindo? :lol:

you obviously know what im taking about you fuckin geek

pspman354 said:
you obviously know what im taking
I dont, but I'm not sure if I want to :p.

Sorry, I dont mean to be mean or anything, but this was how I associated the sentence while reading...

s4pgmu.jpg

Oh, the funniness of you!

That's what i love about the open source community! It just so welcoming!
I mean, some young whipper snapper stumbles across the pandora in a random search, and dares to ask a question without (gasp!) going through the host site's search function, and we all get to pan the poor sod.

Come on guys. Some people out there have lives that dont actually revolve around emulation of 20 yr old games systems! Some of them (... I've heard it, but i can quite believe it...) have social lives and even... (OMG!) ...girlfriends!

If some body posts something that has been answered before, just leave it! They'll get there eventually! These kind of threads will sink to the bottom of the pile soon enough!

A community project should be just that... community! This kind of bullshit panning of noobs is exactly the kind of stuff that turns people away from opensource and gives it the reputation for no-mate sad-ass losers. We all started out making the same kind of threads.

The poor lad just wants to play NDS games on the go! isnt that what we all want to do?! Stop trying to pretend that your better than other people because you already know the current thresh-hold of of portable open source gaming with dual analogue nubs, and get a fucking grip!

Have some fucking manners!

^ I don't quite have the same sentiments, tbh. The OP's question has been answered. People are bored and pulled out that old worn out how-to-emulate-two-screens meme to have some fun. So far I haven't seen any overly harsh posts.

Back