Nds Emu?

This has been discussed a *LOT* of times before - and I do not say that lightly. I'm afraid, however, that I cannot point you to past threads on the matter, because the forum's in-built search is not very good, and Google is unusable in this case because the title for every page on the forum contains the word "Pandora" (there are threads relating to Nintendo DS emulation on x86-based personal computers around, for example, which of course isn't relevant to what you're asking).

You've also posted this in the wrong section - threads like this belong in "General Talk [Pandora]". ;) I'll put in a request for a moderator to move it, so don't worry about re-posting it in the right place.

In very little time, I'm sure others will be along who may be able to point you to other topics about this. Bear in mind that people have seen this a lot of times before, though, so some responses might be a bit acerbic. :p

There already is desmume in the Debian Armel repositories. And it even runs, err walk, err crawls on the Pandora. I think it might be almost one frame per second!

Fishbong said:
pspman354 said:
do you think that there will be a nindo ds emu for pandora????
no
Is this a new console I've never heard of? A company I've never heard of? Nindo? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, yes. I see where your going with this...

I wonder what other possibilities there are?

MonkeyChops said:
nds on the pandora? there's only one screen!
The DS screens resolution is 256 X 192 pixels. So for both screens you need 512 X 384 pixels total to handle both screens, the Pandora's screen is 800 X 480 pixels which is more than enough to display the two screens.

ok I've had my fun.

theoretical pandora nds emu screen orientation is kinda a meme around here.

here's a couple of the many many discussions on nds emu and its screens:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53734-nds-emulator-running-on-n900/
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53192-ds-emulator-interface/

Derek said:
The DS screens resolution is 256 X 192 pixels. So for both screens you need 512 X 384 pixels total to handle both screens, the Pandora's screen is 800 X 480 pixels which is more than enough to display the two screens.
512x384 would be enough for 4 NDS screens... ;)

Besides we already agreed the best way would be 6 DS screens on the surface of a spinning 3D cube. I believe it had Exophase's approval!

Aninhumer said:
Besides we already agreed the best way would be 6 DS screens on the surface of a spinning 3D cube. I believe it had Exophase's approval!
Exo had approved ? I din't knew. Too cool we are going to be able to play 3 DS games at the same times. I knew the pandora was powerfull enough.
Now if only Exo would start adding NDS feature to it's gba emu and implement that...
May be a donation button would help...

the old xbox doesnt have built in wifi so it cant be emulated on the pandora

DaMummy said:
ouch :(

Do you think that may be that's the special wifi protocols the DS use that stop all these devs to create an NDS emu ?

DaMummy said:

Can't we emulate it if we toggle WiFi off? ?_? It seems to work for PSX.

-God Ginrai

Back