N64 Emulator

I would like to see Kirby 64, Majora's Mask and Paper Mario the mostest. And Superman 64 is known by many to be the best game (ever).

0100010101001110010001110100000101000111010001010010000001010011010000010101001001000011010000010101001101001101

You're all wrong.

The correct answer is F-Zero X.

But hey, even if N64 doesn't pan out, at least I can play Wipeout. :)

I'd have to say

Zelda
Mario 64
Gruso, I also play Road Rash 3D quite often on the N64 not emus :)
Killer Instinct Gold
Turok 1,2 best turoks still to this day :)

Prophet said:
You're all wrong.

The correct answer is F-Zero X.

i gota admit, im not a HUGE gamer, but f zero x is one of the few games i have perservered and perservered with because i loved it so so much.

in fact hardly a year goes by when we dont get the old n64 out and play this for a month or so. and now im playing it all over again with the hi-res texture packs hooked up to my hdtv.

perfect emulation of this game would make my life considerably better :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind trying Zelda: Majora's Mask (not on VC on Wii yet). It was rated 9.9/10 and put on the same pedestal of greatness as Ocarina of Time.

It did require the 4MB expansion in the N64, however... I pray that doesn't matter in emulation. :p

I took a look at the specs required to run Project 64
# Pentium III 600 Mhz or better
# 128 Mb. RAM or more
# Fast video card with 16 Mb. Video RAM or more
The Pandora are better than those specs so does that mean in theory it should have the potential to run a great N64 emulator???

No. That's PC requirements and we're talking a different architecture here so you can't base anything on that.

You could base a little more on the PSP though, which is a lot closer to us since it's also a RISC chip, and has half the clockspeed ;) But remember this is POTENTIAL. In special, at the very least a code generator would have to be added to Daedalus to spit ARM/Neon code and a GPU code in OpenGL ES 2 as well.

Death_Pigeon said:
# Pentium III 600 Mhz or better
The Pandora are better than those specs so does that mean in theory it should have the potential to run a great N64 emulator???
An ARM @ 600Mhz is NOT better than a Pentium III 600Mhz.

Also, there is no need to use more than one question mark per question.

Here's my plans. I'll try to be as realistic about things as possible when going through the steps.

#1 I've been planning to use Daedalus as my basis of a port.

#2 Even though I have already tried contacting StrmnNrmn by email about his work on Daedalus and whether he was interested in Pandora hardware with no response by email for months, I still believe this as an active project of his (some were doubting). As so, I feel best not to take donations for this project on the Pandora of mine. :)

#3 Today I will be starting the port of Daedalus N64 to the Pandora. This source code and hardware being emulated is very new to me. It may take hours, days, or weeks for a first build.

#4 The first build will be as basic a port as possible. It will give some indication of what I'm getting myself into here in terms of performance. ;)

#5 As soon as I have a first build, I will consider making a video of it running, so you can see how things are progressing. I love making videos and need an excuse to use my new camcorder + tripod for macro shots.

#6 I will have sources available via my git repo at github.com. :)

My feeling is the first build will run slowly. Nothing to be shocked about there. But I do hope it's fast enough that a dynarec and some Pandora specific accelerations/instruction sets can improve performance enough to get games at the spec'd framerate.

Time for me to get things going! Lets see if I get some good progress done today.

Thanks,
ZodTTD

The videos on youtube of the psp n64 emulator seem pretty good considering the hardware limitations. And I suppose playing the games without sound helps.
BUT, considering that psx emulation was slower on gp2x than the psp currently emulates n64, and now we've seen kickass performance on an un-optimized psx emulator on pandoras hardware, doesn't it indicate that n64 on pandora is achievable?

Just wondering...

doesn't it indicate that n64 on pandora is achievable?

I would suppose so. But I won't know until I try. So I don't want to dig myself in a hole. ;)

you should provide a blog on your progress

Yup I will start to provide progress reports here and at www.zodttd.com as things start up.

zoddtd...you....are my hero, even its its slow, i dont care, at least your doing something about n64 emulation except just sit and talk about it (i know im not much different than the rest of you). YOU ROCK!!!!

CronoTriggerfan said:
Come on, no love for Smash Bros? :p
You're not alone, CTfan. Smash Bros. would kick ass!

n64ftw said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Come on, no love for Smash Bros? :p
You're not alone, CTfan. Smash Bros. would kick ass!

Even if it wasn't as good as Smash Bros Melee on Gamecube which was AFAIK not as good as the new Smash Bros Brawl (because there you can kick in Marios fat Plumber Ass with my Hero: SONIC! :D )

But yes, SSB would be a good reason to try the N64 Emulator onto Pandora this Game and Lylat Wars of course...and Ocarina of Time...and Mario64...and Goldeneye and...

Back