N64 Emulator In The Work For Pandora

God Ginrai said:
calc84maniac said:
*gravedig*

So let me make sure I got this straight - what's happening now is that Pickle is trying to get the OGLes video plugin to compile correctly?

This isn't really old enough to call it a gravedig. It's more like a Bump. ;) And yes, I believe that is the current state of things. I keep watching the dev thread for more info, but it's pretty much gone quiet there, much to my disappointment. :\

-God Ginrai
Well, I was kind of exaggerating about the gravedig. :p Though it has been about Two Weeks[sup]TM[/sup] since the last post, and it was already on the third page...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know roughly how many dev boards are out there for people to actualy test there code on??

mvickers03 said:
Does anyone know roughly how many dev boards are out there for people to actualy test there code on??
Roughly? There should be about 100 MK1-boards out there, right? With 128 MiB of memory?

If I recall correctly, there were intended to be 100 Mk1 boards, but Craig posted once that there were significantly fewer than that actually sent out.

calc84maniac said:
Though it has been about Two Weeks[sup]TM[/sup] since the last post, and it was already on the third page...

Page doesn't matter, just time from last post. (which it needs to be closer to a full month before it's much of a gravedig)

-God Ginrai

dflemstr said:
mvickers03 said:
Roughly? There should be about 100 MK1-boards out there, right? With 128 MiB of memory?

I'd say less than 20. Not sure where 100 came from.

BackAssward said:
dflemstr said:
mvickers03 said:

Maybe the run of 100 dev boards they said they were going to make a while back?

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
BackAssward said:
dflemstr said:
mvickers03 said:

-God Ginrai

He said MK-1... I would have to guess that there is about a dozen MK-1 2 and 3 boards. The 105 just out of production are all MK-4 with 256MB ram.

God Ginrai said:
BackAssward said:
dflemstr said:
mvickers03 said:

-God Ginrai
I admit I could be wrong, do you have a reference for that? Where it was said, and if it was confirmed to have happened? Last I heard, there was a shortage of dev boards and frustration over some people with dev boards not doing dev work anymore, or being slow.

Gruso said:
Yeah, I don't think there were 100 dev boards. More like a dozen or something? They cost something like a grand each to make.
Right, and the 105 MK4's aren't dev boards. They will probably put in to cases as demo units or go to some devs. Or so they've said. Not wanting to put a 'rode hard' test unit into a customer's hand. Honestly, the message on where the 105 are going has been a bit mixed, depending on who said what, and when it was said.

greendots said:
God Ginrai said:
BackAssward said:
dflemstr said:
mvickers03 said:

-God Ginrai

He said MK-1... I would have to guess that there is about a dozen MK-1 2 and 3 boards. The 105 just out of production are all MK-4 with 256MB ram.

I'm not talking about the 105.

BackAssward said:
God Ginrai said:
BackAssward said:
dflemstr said:
mvickers03 said:

-God Ginrai
I admit I could be wrong, do you have a reference for that? Where it was said, and if it was confirmed to have happened? Last I heard, there was a shortage of dev boards and frustration over some people with dev boards not doing dev work anymore, or being slow.

I don't have time atm, but I'll see if I can look for it in the next day or two. I could've sworn they made about 100 dev units around Feb.

-God Ginrai

There are definitely not 100 dev units during the Mk1,2,3 revsions, at most there was probably dozen of each revision, I think even less.
Also my guess is that some of the Mk4 105's might be used for development units.

God Ginrai said:
I don't have time atm, but I'll see if I can look for it in the next day or two. I could've sworn they made about 100 dev units around Feb.
I have memories of Craig saying they had plans for as many as 100 dev boards going out, but no where near that many actually went.

Back