Mytho's Rpg Now Salvaria

Draken posted on Jul 25 2006 at 05:14 PM said:
GP2X_Future_Coder posted on Jul 25 2006 at 10:24 PM said:
Thanks I hope I will at least place somewhere in the contest I am working very hard. If I do win I am going to use alot of the money for more materials programs to make even more games for the GP2X. I have all kinds of games planned. More RPG's, Racing, Fighting. etc...

You rule. :p

Thanks. Well to tell the truth my goal is to keep the GP2X alive for as long as I can possibly code for it. I got a PSP to do homebrew with and got tired of $ony changing the firmware every other day then I found out about the GP2X and that it was made for Homebrew and fell in love :p . I can make anything I want take it with me play it on my 65' tv its a dream machine. I just wish I knew about it when it first came out instead of here just recently I could have alot more done :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get this man a college cheerleader! Maybe 2!

I am SO looking forward to this one. This seems like one of those "wow" games you have to put on your SD to show to people to knock their socks off.

Pre-rendered you say? I am reminded of the atrocious graphics for Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Fantastic game, but their journey into pre-rendered was not a shiny one. However, I'm also reminded of Archon: Evolution, which also based itself on pre-rendered 3D, and looked fantastic when I last beta-tested it.

So I hope you'll be more akin to Archon: Evolution in that respect than HOMM 3.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how this game looks in action.

JaqMs posted on Jul 25 2006 at 08:32 PM said:
An original, quality homebrew game. Just what the GP2X needs.

It's looking really sweet!

Do you mind me asking where the character models came from? (self produced, 3rd party etc)

I guess I will add to the long list of praise.

This does look incredible and it adds to the list of reasons I need to actually buy a 2x. I hope the story and gameplay match the nice looks.

Gadget posted on Jul 26 2006 at 06:21 AM said:
JaqMs posted on Jul 25 2006 at 08:32 PM said:
An original, quality homebrew game. Just what the GP2X needs.

It's looking really sweet!

Do you mind me asking where the character models came from? (self produced, 3rd party etc)

I use poser for my human base models then import them into 3d studio max and create the characters for the game I have been modeling with 3ds max for about 5 years. If the GP2X could do 3d I would of love to make a complete 3d version also but the models polygon count is so high it could never handle it.

AcidiC posted on Jul 26 2006 at 06:50 AM said:
Is it still 148 frames per second? lol :p

The frame rate is still in the 100+ range I got rid of SDL_ttf and created my own font engine and gained a speed boost of 20+fps and I also got rid of SDL_music and coded my own version to load in the music and gained another 20+fps of using the standard SD_music so before when you saw the game when I was getting 148fps it jump up to 174fps after I optimized it I spend 3days straight coding to optimze my engine the best I could. I also create a program that scans each image and crops all of the image until it touches the actual charater then saves the offsets to a file to load in which this not only save a tremedous amout of space it also gives a great speed boost because SDL doesnt have to scan for that many color keyed transparent pixels to draw on the screen only the bare minimum.

Goity posted on Jul 25 2006 at 05:39 PM said:
Is it pre rendered or true 3d? I assume pre rendered by the looks of the screenshots.

That was exactly what I was going to ask. It was "cheap" enough to look like it could be some sort of real-time render... but it was too-high poly to even be probable.

Back