Gp2x=hot Shit Right Now

Ando

Website
Visit site
i brought my 2X to school today, because there is video game club i usually hang around right before track practice. anyway i brought it out of my backp[ack and everybody was asking "what is that" to my surprise one kid knew what it was :huh:. so i started up some snes and everybody was askin "how much was it" and all those kinda questions. but as soon as i started up the Neo Geo emu the one kid who knew what it was went nuts. he couldnt believe i had some neo geo on it and asked to play. after a few minutes and a bunch of metal slug he handed it back to me and asked were to get one :D i told him the sight for all the stuff and i think there may actually be a few kids who are now gonna buy one in my school. all in all my day was good :D especially because i completely owned in smash bros also. did any of you guys influence people to buy a 2x if so post it here :)

EDIT: o and just to make sure is it okay i posted this if this is spam just delete it :ph34r:

Paragraphs. Please!

:lol:

I actually convinced a co-worker to get one :)
(Ironically, I also convinced another co-worker to NOT get one ... he's PC illiterate and I'd wind up doing everything for him ;) )

heh it was ME that convinced you to get a 2x so PWNED! lol, i got several of the guys over on benheck to get 2xs and thats it so far

Mine hasn't even arrived yet and all the guys at work want to buy their own. They're waiting for mine so they can see in real life if it does what it says on the site. I'm a brave guinea pig, ain't I?

Nah, my friends were born into the age of "if it ain't 3D, it ain't worth playing" and they call it a PSP-ripoff (despite the fact it looks nothing like a PSP). They're completely ignoring the homebrew and emulation aspect of it, and are more of the "can you buy it in Dixons? No? See, PSP wins" and "PSP has was better graphics! What games can you buy for it? None! Ahahaha!" views.
Although, one of my friends spent an entire hour playing Llamatron on it, but eventually got so pissed off by the stick not registering up that he gave up. Somebody else, who was trying to convince me that PSP was better, got addicted to Sonic in DrMD, and spent an hour trying to say something bad about it, eventually deciding on the stick.

Damn you stick!

triton posted on Feb 2 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
heh it was ME that convinced you to get a 2x so PWNED! lol, i got several of the guys over on benheck to get 2xs and thats it so far
indeed it was you who got me to get one and i think motoman, soundwave and a couple others over there. real glad i listened to you :D

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Feb 2 2006 at 04:20 PM said:
Nah, my friends were born into the age of "if it ain't 3D, it ain't worth playing" and they call it a PSP-ripoff (despite the fact it looks nothing like a PSP). They're completely ignoring the homebrew and emulation aspect of it, and are more of the "can you buy it in Dixons? No? See, PSP wins" and "PSP has was better graphics! What games can you buy for it? None! Ahahaha!" views.
Although, one of my friends spent an entire hour playing Llamatron on it, but eventually got so pissed off by the stick not registering up that he gave up. Somebody else, who was trying to convince me that PSP was better, got addicted to Sonic in DrMD, and spent an hour trying to say something bad about it, eventually deciding on the stick.

Damn you stick!

Amen. I couldnt have put it better myself. Of course then I always think about using violence to push gp2x's B) .

"Psp is waaaay better" *SLAP*

About 1/3 the kids Im friends with think its a crappy psp rip off, 1/3 think its some weird thing thats fun to play with during free periods that they may get if the price drops, and the other 1/3 (who are about 2 years older and have fond memories of snes and genesis) are either getting one or getting homebrew working on their psp's or ds's.

I have the most unusual case of all probably...

I have one friend who wants one really badly just to play movies and music on.

I have several friends who think it's really cool but are unlikely to get one.

And I have a few friends who have nothing against it, but keep saying PSP is better (even though they probably wouldn't ever get a PSP) just to piss me off.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and none of them seem to care about emulation at all.

whiskthecat posted on Feb 2 2006 at 03:24 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Feb 2 2006 at 04:20 PM said:

Damn you stick!

Amen. I couldnt have put it better myself. Of course then I always think about using violence to push gp2x's B) .

"Psp is waaaay better" *SLAP*

I SNAP! LOSE IT! Head-fake him with a UMD and the idiot goes for it! Uppercut! Elbow smash! Haymaker to the jaw followed by a FLURRY to the solar plexus! He's emulating bruises and broken bones.

I sez "'Is that PSP is waaay better' enough for ya?"

I would also like to add that most of the people at my school are complete idiots and could never manage to get the emulators and hombrew and then stick it on the sd.

They would much rather just go give $50 bucks to sony and play some cheap ps1-rip off. After all its much easier to give away money than to learn how to operate a computer. :angry:

as ive said 1000000000.2 times i work in a game shop when on one it there and i have nothing to do i whip out the good old 2x and play for a while till someone comes in and asks is that a psp (why is it that everyone thinks our beautiful baby is a poo stained port-a-loo oo oo i know its coz its black) i say no and explain that its a gp2x thay look at it and say "looks shit" then i say have a go, come on play DrMDx or MaME or gnuboy or ssnes (oc'd of course im a sales man @ heart :p ) most like it say "waw thats cool how much to the games cost" and i have to explain "there arent any commercal games yet" than they "say so you did pay for these games" and i say "no the lovely kind wonderful devs put these game /emu up on the net @ gp32x.de" than they say "oo free games cool.

others that dont like it call it a psp knock off or a pile of crap (these are mostly the chavy slack jawd 13-16 year olds that have only ever playd a game with sony writen on the disk"

needless to say i live in south wales and the majority of people that have seen my 2x love it and ask me if they can play on it. the only bad thing anyone can realy say about the machine is the stick (can be annoying) but thats it,

anyway sorry for ranting on thanks for reading beanfarmer

p.s what was i saying

beanfarmer posted on Feb 2 2006 at 07:01 PM said:
hehe your so funny not

I'm going to play the assumption game, and say he used crack as a metahpor for the GP2X ;)

jmetal88 posted on Feb 2 2006 at 10:28 PM said:

Well don't forget kids that see it don't care about it because they were probably a fetus when those games were popular. To them emulated games are just crappy old lame stuff from days gone by. It makes sense, if you weren't playing atari games in the day and look at those crap graphics now you wouldn't care about it. It has no nostalgia, and no meaning to them.

DaveC posted on Feb 2 2006 at 07:07 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Feb 2 2006 at 10:28 PM said:

Well don't forget kids that see it don't care about it because they were probably a fetus when those games were popular. To them emulated games are just crappy old lame stuff from days gone by. It makes sense, if you weren't playing atari games in the day and look at those crap graphics now you wouldn't care about it. It has no nostalgia, and no meaning to them.

Sooooo true ... My PSP is used mainly for movies now ... I get a lot of strange looks when I try to explain how I'm playing computer games from 1980 on 'that wierd-looking PSP clone'. Damn kids and their jaded viewpoint ;)

jmetal88 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
I have the most unusual case of all probably...

I have one friend who wants one really badly just to play movies and music on.

This is a valid reason to have the gp2x. I wanted it for such uses too and already viewed few concerts and videos with it. The rest is very good too and will only get better. Another great thing about the gp2x is its uniformity - if I'm going to write some app for it I can assume much more than with PC for an example. That is good for code efficiency.

jmetal88 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
I have several friends who think it's really cool but are unlikely to get one.

And I have a few friends who have nothing against it, but keep saying PSP is better (even though they probably wouldn't ever get a PSP) just to piss me off.

Most of them don't know probably what it is.

i dont understandwhy people say "is that a PSP?" obviously if they need to ask, it isnt, i mean, it looks nothing like a fucking PSP, you'd probably get the same crap if you had a game gear, neo geo, lynxx or anything thats black...

Back