Mystery Of The Fday Reveiled

The release will be nice and all but.....................man i want some decent SNES emulation......

I'm waiting for a semi-descent NGPC emu..

and the fgb update'll be nice... maybe those music trackers will sound right

oh and here's hoping for *fSNES32*

KickinWing posted on May 5 2005 at 09:03 AM said:
auto frameskip...NNOOOOOOOOO, the best thing Reesy did was get rid of autoframeskip on DRMD, i hope these emus won't have the same choppiness effect that DRMD had with autoframeskip or at least there is an option to make the frameskip whatever you want it to be.

I really like autoframeskip <_<

DRMD still has autoframeskip (you choose between auto and 0-5)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fairly happy with F emulators as they are, emulation wise they are usually the best. I would just like to see save names handled in a better way (i.e. using the ROM name rather than a hex number system) and key mapping on fZX. Auto-loading of save states would be good too. fSMS, fZX, fGB and fMSX are all fantastic emulators.

Qingdan posted on May 5 2005 at 09:27 PM said:
As far as Neogeo is concerned , porting NeoMame would need a LOT of efforts from the coder , since it's already pretty slow on a modern PC .... So on a GP32 .... Arghhh !

NeoGeo games sure are cool , but it's very doubtful we'll ever see them running and i think the gp32 would lag a LOT in games such as Metalslug ... , we would probably have Snes fullspeed before that ;)

And I would love to play around with the optimized FGb32 ... Just bought a GBA and shit, it can NOT play the GB and GBC on a linker :( :(  have to use emulation ... LoL

So i would better use the gp32 for that, much better screen and it fits better in my hands anyway ... (but the Gba was Cheap , thats why ...)

NeoGeo games play great on Zodiac (using PMAME). The limitation is with RAM. You need a LOT of RAM to emulate NeoGeo. That is the GP32's main problem with NeoGeo, it could probably emulate the system at decent speeds without sound. The Zodiac is only a little faster. But it (the GP32) doesn't have enough RAM to load the huge NoeGeo ROMs into memory.

tekt5 posted on May 5 2005 at 10:25 PM said:
I'm waiting for a semi-descent NGPC emu..

and the fgb update'll be nice... maybe those music trackers will sound right

oh and here's hoping for *fSNES32*

FORGET SNES GUYs!! It ain't gonna happen. SNES would require tthe whole thing to be in ASM to get anything close to full speed. OpenSNES9xGP is mostly ASM and it is dog slow with sound. Rlyeh's emus mostly are in C so there is no way it would run any faster than we already have.

Well maybe NeoGeo is what will use the RAM upgrade then, although I doubt it.

Anyway there may not really be a 13 th emu and does it matter? Aren't 12 emus good enough? I think so :)

we all know the 13th emu is going to be N64 I mean come on it is so obvious

B) wildo2ne

Its fMAME...He said he'd release it when he's not stepping on Franxis' toes, and well by then he's definately not...The other emus are probably almost completly "finished" and thats the one he's working on...

Blah posted on May 6 2005 at 12:32 AM said:
Its fMAME...He said he'd release it when he's not stepping on Franxis' toes, and well by then he's definately not...The other emus are probably almost completly "finished" and thats the one he's working on...
fMAME is already in the list of 12 emus we know of. It can't be fMAME.

fmasturbation

How do you spell masturbation?

(I know, I've set it up! Go on, GO ON!!!)

Back