My Pandora 2 and ICP2 Keyboard Layout, GCW One/Dual(February 18th 2013)

A CPU powerful enough to run Dolphin or PCSX2 would probably catch fire if put in a pandora case. Or at least melt a hole through it.
:lol:

Even with a whole tube of diamond thermal paste inside, it's a pipe dream. :)

A home console has no need for:

• built in gaming controls
  • small size
  • low power consumption (apart from cooling issues)
  • high portability
Binky, that is what would make it different and desirable than other consoles. Remember, it is only for older emulation. It doesn't need to compete with the Wii U or PS3, so it doesn't need to share the same characteristics, price being one of them.

As a retrogaming device it would be good to have

• large amounts of cpu/gpu power
  • ability to communicate directly with old hardware
The buyer can always purchase a retrode adapter and use it if it is compatible. For up to N64 and maybe Dreamcast, you wouldn't need some fantastical amount of cpu/gpu power for the old stuff. Again, this is for retrogaming and mild computing only.

ok, I just thought of a ridiculous idea for making the screen bigger, while keeping speakers. what if the screen was the speaker?

Our Keebler elves are hard at work at it as we speak.

ok, I just thought of a ridiculous idea for making the screen bigger, while keeping speakers. what if the screen was the speaker?
Would make things thicker...

---

Any (sensible!) guesses as to the exciting - market-changing - awesomeness Craig has lined up for the P2?

Would make things thicker...

---

Any (sensible!) guesses as to the exciting - market-changing - awesomeness Craig has lined up for the P2?

I have a few ideas from piecing together hints i've read from the team and others. Christmas might come early this year. B)

It doesn't involve some kind of modularity does it - I remember Craig not mentioning that quite obviously :)

remember that speculation is fun too :p

I'm going to have show some of my ideas this weekend.
:) :)

---

A processing (SOC + SD cards + etc) unit, which clipped onto the bottom of a client unit which used wireless streamed video to the screen, and sent keyboard/game control siganl back over BT would be cool

you could leave the main chunk with much of the battery in your bag, with just the screen, keyboard and client hardware in your pocket...

As Saber said, the Pandora 2 won't compete with other consoles, so it shouldn't be as cheap as possible in order to sell more.

As Saber said, the Pandora 2 won't compete with other consoles, so it shouldn't be as cheap as possible in order to sell more.
Exactly right albo. :)

Made even more changes to the concepts on page one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back