My Pandora 2 and ICP2 Keyboard Layout, GCW One/Dual(February 18th 2013)

Won't that double the thickness of unit as a whole?
Well, I was thinking that all the usb ports in that top half in the picture could be migrated to the lower section where the tablet slips into so as to decrease the thickness substantially. The top tablet square then folds down onto the bottom keyboard square like a notebook. When someone wants to play a game they detach(if they want) the keyboard/gaming section, without having to muscle up the whole weight of the three parts. If they only want to tap the screen, they pull the slate out, and if they want the full laptop experience, they use all three together. :)

Changed my mind on how the keyboard/gaming part and middle base connect. It would be better to have a physical plug between them so the third section can provide a secondary, mobile power source to the tablet. BT would still be the primary communication between slate and keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like your designs and more specifically the slide design and all keyboard layout...

but I love your ASCII art, well made

I don't like your designs and more specifically the slide design and all keyboard layout...

but I love your ASCII art, well made
You don't like sliders in general or just the one I did? What makes my keyboard layout unmanageable and what would you do instead if you wanted a larger screen and required another spot for the speakers, or desired the slider form and needed to uproot the top row? Unabashedly, my solution of using the NumL is quite clever and i'm proud of it. Just curious why you're thinking what you are. :)

Thanks for the compliment too about my art! :D

I too would like a five inch screen, but don't want the speakers on the bottom part.

my thought: could we just have long and skinny speakers on either side of the LCD?

keep the bottom section exactly the same.

1334336794-U991.jpeg

I too would like a five inch screen, but don't want the speakers on the bottom part.

my thought: could we just have long and skinny speakers on either side of the LCD?

keep the bottom section exactly the same.
I'd like the speakers there too. If only there were speakers that thin, and we'd still need to take into account the space between the LCD and the speakers and all the surrounding bezel. Space is at a premium already unless a bigger overall Pandora 2 is imagined.

the speakers are in a much better spot now.

how much cost would the camera add? is a camera really necessary?

Thanks T.T.. I prefer the speakers where they are too. :wub:

Not sure what the cost of a camera component is. People might want the option though.

you know, now that I think about it, I don't think we could fit a camera in that spot, it would probably have to go in the hinge.

I'd agree the camera could be just above the Mic if it's determined there isn't room for it above the screen. Nevertheless, Skype would be amazing with a Pandora. :ph34r: B)

it would probably need to be next to it, or we could have the mic and camera built in to one module, although having a camera in the hinge may also make it harder to assemble...

I really like the new concepts... anyway I hope the next Pandora will use the first concept, I would rather have a "big" Pandora with the best hardware available :)

it would probably need to be next to it, or we could have the mic and camera built in to one module, although having a camera in the hinge may also make it harder to assemble...
That's a good idea to have them be one part. I googled and found this module right away. Something with more MP is waiting to be discovered i'm sure. :)

I really like the new concepts... anyway I hope the next Pandora will use the first concept, I would rather have a "big" Pandora with the best hardware available :)

Very nice of you albo. My hope is for the next Pandora to be as close to what we all want it to be. I'm sure it will be as special as the first. ;)

The iPandora is a NOPE, but I'm sure you were kiddin :D I can understand that by the name you chose :)

The iPandora is a NOPE, but I'm sure you were kiddin :D I can understand that by the name you chose :)
True in that I had to call it something, but I am serious about it being an actual product. Some people do want a smaller and cheaper device without the keyboard that they can just pick up and play a game on without the full PC-ness. ;)

True in that I had to call it something, but I am serious about it being an actual product. Some people do want a smaller and cheaper device without the keyboard that they can just pick up and play a game on without the full PC-ness. ;)
Too many competitors?

Too many competitors?
If you meant there are many "pick up and play a game handheld devices" out there then I wholeheartedly agree with you, but it's like honestly how I see the automobile industry, the customer has many choices, but few are worth bothering with. Only an illusion of quality masked.

Too many competitors?
If you meant there are many "pick up and play a game handheld devices" out there then I wholeheartedly agree with you, but it's like honestly how I see the automobile industry, the customer has many choices, but few are worth bothering with. Only an illusion of quality masked.

Well maybe you are right... I still prefer the first concept and the Slider Pandora :)

Back