My Multi-platform Console Hacking Project Progressing...

bacteria

Modder & Portablizer
Website
moddedbybacteria.wordpress.com
I will be making my own website to comprehensively post how-to guides and modding / hacking information on consoles, once phase two of this project is completed. Phase 1 was making the system case controls and screen; Phase 2 is the N64 console hacking (then Phase 3 will be the second interchangeable console system with this project, SNES, then Phase 4 will be NES, then Megadrive, PS1, GameCube, etc, etc.

Phase 1 is done (including battery compartment making), Phase 2 is half completed.

Some posts at HERE but only a few "taster" pics and data (keeping the majority of information for my site).

Hoping I don't get cross-talk or interference on the wiring as before; this MKII system is so much better and sturdier than my previous attempt.

What do you guys think?

Hey cool, bacteria is here too! :D

I think you already know that I like this project, though.

bacteria said:
Didn't realise you were here too, as well as on BenHeck??
That I am. :D Though here, I'm just a lowly member, whereas at Benheck, I'm one of those Nazi, power-hungry mods you hear about so much! :lol:

Hi Kyo!

Last edited by a moderator:
This project is such a neat idea. Kind of like a onestation, but with real slots and it's much cooler. Are you going to use one of those gen-X systems for the mega drive and NES parts? They look tiny.

bacteria said:
Titcher - Using PAL, I need to use a MegaDrive 2 and normal NES and a normal SNES - they didn't make smaller boards for us UK players! (that I am aware of).
Bacteria, don't they make NOACs and SNES repros with NTSC/PAL switches? Might cut down on space a bit...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyosys - how come you aren't "Kyo" here?

CronoTriggerfan - Not sure, however I have the full boards ready for ripping apart now. The mobos I will be tight for space I know are the Jaguar and Megadrive, but it will be interesting, I think I have the dimensions to get the MegaDrive in there!

Back