My Lcd Ribbon Cable

Giro

Still Fresh
Greetings.

I have a Pandora (I had to replace the top half of the unit due to a cracked screen. >.< ) Upon the replacement of the top half, the unit seems to have the infamous "Purple Haze" issue.

Where can I get a replacement ribbon cable? Preferably with the speakers wired on so that I can pop in the good cable and be good to go?

I know how to take apart the top half and swap out the ribbon cables (I practiced A LOT on the broken screen half) and have also successfully taken apart my top half on my semi-working screen and put it back together again with no issue. (Yes, even getting the cable running through that hinge and re-twisting it to fit. ;)

I have professional computer certifications (CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, and CompTIA Network+)
I would be willing to be a sort of 'repair man' for people to send their Pandoras too if they're state side, fix them, and then send them back out (granted they'd have to pay for shipping and the cables.)

Thanks again.

Giro

http://icontrolpad.com/pandoraprivate.html

But I don't think it has speakers attached.

iampanis said:

It does. I bought several replacement cables because it was cheaper to try and fail 6 times than it was to send my Pandora back for repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/quote]
It does. I bought several replacement cables because it was cheaper to try and fail 6 times than it was to send my Pandora back for repair.
[/quote]

Sweet, so you can confirm that it does ship with the speakers attached? :D

Giro said:
Sweet, so you can confirm that it does ship with the speakers attached? :D
Yessir. They're gently soldered into place though, so be careful putting the assembly together or they'll quickly become un-attached :p

WizardStan said:
iampanis said:

I stand corrected, then. That order page should really be more clear about what you're getting. And I'm now reminded that I probably should've gotten a keymat with my extra case since the case doesn't include the dpad. :p

BTW, how bad is dealing with the LCD cable when dis/assembling the Pandora? I got an extra case because mine has a few cracked screw posts and I was debating whether or not to just replace the bottom piece or go for the whole thing since the top half doesn't quite snap together right on mine and had a few large scratches on it from the factory.

The cable itself is not too bad. Get a few spares like I did, just to be sure, they're cheap enough. The hardest part is getting the LCD part of the case apart.

WizardStan how did you manage that? To me it seems that it is glued together...

Back