Is My Lcd Ribbon Busted?

MooTheKow

If i don't have my Pandora (Err... replacement Pandora.. one I had to wait several months for after sending in my last one) fully opened to the locked position the color on the screen goes all funky. Does that mean my LCD ribbon is hosed and I'm going to need to send my Pandora back - again?

Define funky? If you mean tinted purple then yes. Just like mine. Again :(

Pleng said:
Define funky? If you mean tinted purple then yes. Just like mine. Again :(

Yeah.. tinted purple sounds about right.

Sucky.. do they make us pay for shipping for a 3rd time? (original order, first RMA, second RMA?)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine so. I'm not technically in that boat, as this Pandora is actually one I purchased from the Marketplace, not the originally RMAd unit.

I bought a bunch of ribbon cables from Craig's store, intending to replace them myself in the realization that having 8 cables delivered to me here is cheaper then sending the Pandora back and forth. And then I discovered you also need a new hinge, which Craig isn't selling yet. So I wait longer as my screen gets worse.

MooTheKow said:
If i don't have my Pandora (Err... replacement Pandora.. one I had to wait several months for after sending in my last one) fully opened to the locked position the color on the screen goes all funky. Does that mean my LCD ribbon is hosed and I'm going to need to send my Pandora back - again?

I can fix that within one day. So if you don't want to wait too long, I could fix it for you as well.

Last edited:
Pleng said:
I would imagine so. I'm not technically in that boat, as this Pandora is actually one I purchased from the Marketplace, not the originally RMAd unit.

I can fix this one as well.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Pleng said:

I can fix this one as well.

Hmm Thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from Criag's lot as I'd rather send it there if they're able to fix it in a reasonable amount of time, as I'm based in the UK. But if they aren't able to then I'll definitely take you up on your offer. It'll give you a chance to check out my concept UI too :p

EvilDragon said:
MooTheKow said:

I can fix that within one day. So if you don't want to wait too long, I could fix it for you as well.

Hey, send some of those spare cables to Craig's store!

My unit has been waiting in repair there for almost 2 months. Though I guess it's not the end of the world...maybe when I get it back production will be in full swing and software development will kick back up again.

naples39 said:
He has spare cables, he sent me some. What he seems to be lacking is the hinge which you necessarily break when replacing the cable, apparently.

OK in which case I'd like to take ED on his kind offer.... so how can I get my unit to him?

Hold that thought. Tsh seems to have a way of replacing the cable without breaking the hinge.

WizardStan said:
naples39 said:
He has spare cables, he sent me some. What he seems to be lacking is the hinge which you necessarily break when replacing the cable, apparently.

Ah. Well whatever the current issues are, I hope they get sorted soon. I suspect others are in my boat.

EvilDragon said:
MooTheKow said:

Sorry for long delay in responding -- been busy with newborn baby girl that was born a day or two before my LCD ribbon started getting wonky (plus it was working fine in the opened position - now it's not working right in any position).

Where do I send my Pandora for you to be able to fix it for me? and what information do you need me to include?

Thanks!

Back