LCD Cable?

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
Hi guys old and new ;)

I think I have the LCD cable fault :(

I've had the Pandora for about a week now and apart from an annoying sticky number 4 key my Pandora was fine. However a couple of days ago I started getting a few bright highlights on the screen. It made playing games a little off putting sometimes and was awful for videos as people had bright green and pink veins all over there faces and the highlights showed up elsewhere on the screen too, anywhere there were certain colours or shades. This has degenerated and I now have bright lines at the very top of the screen and the rest of the screen is going dark.

So my question is this. Is this the LCD cable issue? Seems very likely to me but in the vague hope it's some obscure software glitch I am asking here before sending the Pandora back to Craig and co. I've grown attached to the little fella and don't want to be without it if at all possible.

On a more positive note I'd just like to say that the Pandora is just about the coolest bit of kit I've ever used. It's great fun. Amazingly quick for such a tiny device and does so many thing so well even at this early stage.

I love it :)

ToaD

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for that ED.

OK so last night I powered on the Pandora and the screen was back to the bright highlights but the white lines (almost like CRT scan lines) at the very top of the screen and the general darkening of the rest of the screen had gone. After a couple of hours of surfing and PSX action the lines started coming back at the top of the screen so I shut down. This morning the screen was back to only the highlights problem, maybe prolonged use contributes to the screen probs on my particular unit.

I guess I'll have to send it back but I will see if I can wait it out until the next batch of parts ship to Craig. I don't want to deprive someone of a Pandora while mine is 90% functional. I can live with the highlights on the screen but obviously if it gets unusable I'll need to return it sooner.

I have weird highlights on certain colours or possibly shades. For example, on the default Pandora background image the water drops have a bright pink line down them, one or possibly 2 pixels wide, following the rough shape of the drop. Quite obvious on the bigger drops but not as obvious on others. It is impossible to watch video as lines of bright pink and green are moving all over the surfaces on the screen at times. Again the lines follow for example the contours of a face or bulkhead. Games have similar problems on shaded surfaces.

The rest of the colours are fine until the Pandora has been on a while. Then I get very bright white lines horizontally across the very top few pixels of the screen and shortly after that the screen starts to darken.

Back