LCD Ribbon Cable Repair: Is this DIYable?

el_pango

Hi all,

My Pandora seems to have come down with Ribbon Cable Syndrome, and rather than adding to OP's plate, I thought I'd have a stab at repairing it myself. Has there been a tutorial posted on how to do this, and is it fairly straightforward? (If the answer to either of those is 'no', I'd rather pay to have the professionals do it.)

I fixed mine, and th cables can be bought, but there is no tutorial, and it is very fiddly (with no certainty of installing it right)

Hi all,

My Pandora seems to have come down with Ribbon Cable Syndrome, and rather than adding to OP's plate, I thought I'd have a stab at repairing it myself. Has there been a tutorial posted on how to do this, and is it fairly straightforward? (If the answer to either of those is 'no', I'd rather pay to have the professionals do it.)
It should be covered under warranty and fixed for free by op why pay for it to be fixed unless you accidentley damaged it yourself by dropping it or something, which i assume you did not.

send back and get a new one, all you have to pay for is the shipping up north, and waiting for a returned new unit will be worth the while as you will have a fresh unit that smells great

bye

007jaws

It should be covered under warranty and fixed for free by op

I unscrewed the case and had a peek to see if I could restore it, so I have most likely voided my warranty.

...and across the Atlantic, unfortunately. I just started hacking on a game for it, so I really don't want to have to send it back at the moment, but I don't see any other way around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back