music creation apps

Fzero

Advanced Member
Rather than dig an old grave thought I'd start another more recent one.

Have we any music making apps for Pandora of late?

What's about a Korg Kaoss type app, for making loops rather than effecting an existing track?

I know the source isn't there for a port but could this work, with the skills of a dev of course.

Finally, one I used to use on my PlayStation 1, MTV Music Generator..

Does this game rom work on the Pandora PlayStation emu?

It was pretty decent if you didn't have the likes of FL Studio professional gear

Cheers

here's one :D

there are a few others on the repo like goattracker, linux multemedia studio and seq24 but sunvox is my personal favorite of the lot ;)

would be nice if someone could port Milkytracker I've got a heap of Amiga protracker stuff that I wouldn't mind messing around with...

would be nice if someone could port Milkytracker I've got a heap of Amiga protracker stuff that I wouldn't mind messing around with...
There's an old Pandora port here: http://apps.openpand...ilkytracker.inf

Streak ported a version more recently, but it's not available right now.

Thanks for that :) I should really have a good browse through the apps page to check I've not missed out on anything else that isn't in repo!

Just did a quick port of latest version.

Here is test PND: MilkyTracker

Awesome! thanks! I'll go give it a whirl now :D

I imagine Rosegarden would work, memory/swap permitting. It works best with external sound modules, though (i.e. USB->MIDI bridge).

Rather than dig an old grave thought I'd start another more recent one.

Have we any music making apps for Pandora of late?

What's about a Korg Kaoss type app, for making loops rather than effecting an existing track?

I know the source isn't there for a port but could this work, with the skills of a dev of course.

Finally, one I used to use on my PlayStation 1, MTV Music Generator..

Does this game rom work on the Pandora PlayStation emu?

It was pretty decent if you didn't have the likes of FL Studio professional gear

Cheers

Just fired this up again to test for you and whereas it used to run in earlier versions of PCSX-ReARMed (from about r5 iirc) but always had some sound types producing garbled noises, it now runs really nicely in r13.

So that's a yes :)

I'm using the PAL Music 2000 in bin/cue and it runs with the HLE bios just fine at 600mhz.

Thanks for that, Music 2000 works is good news. I look forward to trying out those others listed too. Nice one

Pd runs, but i don't know how to use it ^^.

-Edit:

qtractor segfaults

Last edited by a moderator:
mcobit made a test pnd, but i'm not sure it works.

BTW, if you know how to put Zaxxon on a SD card, it's the same with Slackware.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcobit made a test pnd, but i'm not sure it works.

BTW, if you know how to put Zaxxon on a SD card, it's the same with Slackware.

Yes but I'll rather stick with the mainline stuff, Im not that adventurous :D (and I dont have that much time, oh to be 12 again I would have tried a lot more....)

From a user point of view, it works the same, so there's no adventure in it ^^. Did the wiki frightens you ?

^^ it's not that dangerous. If you read only what you need, you'll see it's simple.

Back