Beta Mupen64Plus

God Ginrai said:
?_? What was wrong in 1080?

-God Ginrai
See the previous page of this thread. Thanks

-me

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Adventus, just took a quick look and now that I can get into 1-Player mode, Mickey's Speedway is very playable with some overclock... the Widescreen mode works too!

EDIT: Those that have "over-sensitive" nubs, try setting the 0.000000 values to 0.100000. For me this works a treat, I can throw Mario around the screen like he's a circus acrobat, just like I used to on N64.

Spirit said:
God Ginrai said:
?_? What was wrong in 1080?

-God Ginrai
See the previous page of this thread. Thanks

-me

ty. When I first read that post, I thought it was a continuation of the Snowboard Kids discussion. XD

-God Ginrai

Hey another great update guys, loving finding whats been improved....after just a short month I've found loads of titles I've thought 'ah well maybe they wont be able to get these running full speed at all' but now with these latest updates as I'm sure your aware things are progressing very nicely, the sound is also ALOT better, sure some games still stutter while others sound 'as good as on small speakers!'

A couple of ones i hope you can improve;

Hydro Thunder - each update its getting better, one before last update it loaded the race and just froze, this update it starts and all seems well (albeit a little slow at 800mhz) but hit a jump and it freezes again, not sure whats the problem here, maybe some graphical calculations issues!?

Pilot Wings - no longer loads up :( couple of releases ago it played but very slowly.

While other titles like San Francisco Rush Extreme Racing work pretty well, quite smooth, a few background texture issues, but still pretty playable:)

But if you couldn't mind having a quick look at 1 or 2 of these and see the errors first hand, probably get more info than my descriptions! Anyway keep up the great work guys :)

jaycee900 said:
Pilot Wings - no longer loads up :( couple of releases ago it played but very slowly.
This is weird, 'cause it's loading on my r22 build :S

I've just updated to Mupen64Plus R1B3 but for some reason all the games I try (Super Mario 64 was just working before the update) have sound, but no visuals. So tried using the old .pnd and same results. I assume something's reset itself but not sure what to try. Any ideas? Great work so far, I'm incredibly impressed!

JohnM said:
I've just updated to Mupen64Plus R1B3 but for some reason all the games I try (Super Mario 64 was just working before the update) have sound, but no visuals. So tried using the old .pnd and same results. I assume something's reset itself but not sure what to try. Any ideas? Great work so far, I'm incredibly impressed!
Hmmmm, Try going to the /pandora/appdata/mupen64plus-r1/config folder and removing the "gles2n64.conf" file.... I thought i had fixed this problem but maybe not.

Adventus said:
Hmmmm, Try going to the /pandora/appdata/mupen64plus-r1/config folder and removing the "gles2n64.conf" file.... I thought i had fixed this problem but maybe not.
Works fine now Adventus, thank you! Thanks again for all of your hard work!! :)

God Ginrai said:
I seemed to get this speaker popping sound with your plugin. Also, the other plugin's sound sounded more "full" than what yours is producing. Also, for some reason, your packaged version of the emulator seemed laggy with the right settings. :\
Worked on this today, try r2 version here:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/misc/mupen64plus-r1b3-fixed-snd.pnd
source

N900 users are experiencing a weird issue with current release of GLES plugin. Essentially trying to load a game (2nd or 3rd time only it seems) of Zelda causes a SIGSEV error. Using the older build of gles plugin I can not replicate this error. Is the Pandora having this issue? or is it entirely the N900 to blame?

IzzehO said:
N900 users are experiencing a weird issue with current release of GLES plugin. Essentially trying to load a game (2nd or 3rd time only it seems) of Zelda causes a SIGSEV error. Using the older build of gles plugin I can not replicate this error. Is the Pandora having this issue? or is it entirely the N900 to blame?

Pandora having the same issue.
Tried to start Ocarina of Time (with completely empty saves) yesterday - always crashed.
Tried GC-Version, 1.0 (E), 1.1 (U), 1.2 (U), Master Quest (GC).

They all crash.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
IzzehO said:

Pandora having the same issue.
Tried to start Ocarina of Time (with completely empty saves) yesterday - always crashed.
Tried GC-Version, 1.0 (E), 1.1 (U), 1.2 (U), Master Quest (GC).

They all crash.

I got Ocarina running but got that SIGSEV error when I tried entering hyrule castle I was using 1.0 (E). (U) does not run for me. Hope this gets fixed as Zelda Portable is awesome :)

notaz said:
God Ginrai said:
I seemed to get this speaker popping sound with your plugin. Also, the other plugin's sound sounded more "full" than what yours is producing. Also, for some reason, your packaged version of the emulator seemed laggy with the right settings. :\
Worked on this today, try r2 version here:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/misc/mupen64plus-r1b3-fixed-snd.pnd
source

I finally got around to trying this. It works so much better! Thank you. ^_^ The speaker popping sound seems to be nonexistant in Mario64, which would lead me to believe it shouldn't be in the other games, either. ^_^

-God Ginrai

Hows the progress going guys?

Been having a ball with several games and aside from the Zelda bug have not been able to find any additional issues created with this revision.

Also out of curiosity, why hasn't the project attempted to move to mupen64plus v2 source?

IzzehO said:
Also out of curiosity, why hasn't the project attempted to move to mupen64plus v2 source?

I'm not involved in either, but Mupen64plus v2 is very much in beta & a very significant rewrite. Makes sense to let that settle to a proper release at least. Can't see that it's going to benefit much here?

IzzehO said:
I'll look into it at some point. Right now I'm still trying to track down some bugs in the dynamic recompiler.

I am very happy today! I just tried out the latest build and used Notaz's sound plugin and wow what a difference. I can report and say this emulator is at 100% speed with no frameskip at 800mhz in Mario64. The sound is a little less dense than with the original plugin though, sounds like it's missing the echoing and some definition but for the speed performance it's no biggie.

Thanks Notaz, Ari64 Adventus And anyone else who has contributed to this. I am genuinely impressed I didn't expect this to happen so soon.

mvickers03 said:
I am very happy today! I just tried out the latest build and used Notaz's sound plugin and wow what a difference. I can report and say this emulator is at 100% speed with no frameskip at 800mhz in Mario64. The sound is a little less dense than with the original plugin though, sounds like it's missing the echoing and some definition but for the speed performance it's no biggie.

Thanks Notaz, Ari64 Adventus And anyone else who has contributed to this. I am genuinely impressed I didn't expect this to happen so soon.
Yeah, Mario 64 is a very nice show piece for the Pandora.

Controls, sound, picture quality! This is the nicest handheld version out there. Hopefully many more games get to this level.

Chris

Games where the Pandora does not quit for me (but I have to reset the whole unit):

Super Mario 64 (U) [!]
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (U) (M5) [!]

Spirit said:
Games where the Pandora does not quit for me (but I have to reset the whole unit):

Super Mario 64 (U) [!]
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (U) (M5) [!]
That's strange, it quits fine for me and I use the same Mario64 rom as you, I just press the Pandora button

Gonna give Zelda a go now and see how that runs.

Wow I'm still speechless, My friend likes to wind me up and say the Pandora will never be powerfull for full N64 emulation.. I'm gonna slap him next time I see him :D

Edit for typo

Edit forgot to reply
jumpman said:
mvickers03 said:

Yeah, Mario 64 is a very nice show piece for the Pandora.

Controls, sound, picture quality! This is the nicest handheld version out there. Hopefully many more games get to this level.

Chris

Yeah I agree. It will be the first thing I show people who have never seen the Pandora before

PS I couldn't get Zelda to work.. It crashes after you name your character and start game.

Back