MSX

readboy

Still Fresh
With the MSX platform never being a big hit in the UK, can anyone give advise as to what are the best games to try out this emulator with.

A fair few conversions of Nintendo and the likes (Super Mario Bros, Track & Field) but they're a bitty crappy now we have decent NES emulation.

Metal Gear 1 & 2 seem to be the most exciting games and you may like some of the classic shooters.

To be honest though since I first tried this (30 minutes of novalty) I haven't touched it, most games have far better versions on GPEngine or Little John.

I never played this back in it's day - maybe I'd appreciate it more if I did?

Please someone post if I am missing out on great games I haven't mentioned.

...Oh come to think of it, I had some fun playing this Monkey Maths kinda game - try that sort of stuff.

Try SD Snatcher, the best game ever for SegaCD, and the first version was for MSX2. (Hideo Kojima's game. He's author of Metal Gear series, if the name says nothing to you:) )

King's Valley is a good puzzle game, and one of my all-time favorite games is Thexder, available on the MSX (it's sequel, Firehawk, is MSX-2 and also works on the emu). Give it a try, its not for everyone, but I love it (colored by my impressions of playing the game back in the day of course).

You say try snatcher but it is not avalable :angry: (please prove me wrong chortya cause i want to play that game) :D

Back