MSX Emu too fast?

animator75

Website
Visit site
Hi!

I was playing Nemesis1 on the msx emu the other day and the game seemed to run to fast. So I fired up my old SVI728 and timed Nemesis. If you press fire and then move the ship to the back of the screen and just wait to get killed it takes 34 seconds on a real msx but only 28 on a GP32. Does anyone else have this problem, I didn't notice it at first.

Five gold stars to Rlyeh for beeing to good at optimizing ;)

oops, sorry for the spelling mistake in the header, "A" isn't even close to "O" on the keyboard.. ;)

Isn't there anyone using the MSX emu? I would really like to know if it's just my Nemesis that behaves like this, PAL and NTSC doesn't make any difference.
Thanks!

Havn't heard of that one, Do you have some specs on it? :) I had a Philips VG-8235, but the MSX2 support in Sweden was really bad so I bought my first AtariST instead. Still have my old SVI728 though :)

My MSX is a PAL version of SVI728, I will try to run Nemesis on the GP32 in both PAL and NTSC, MSX1 and MSX2 mode. I will also run Nemesis on mu PC using NL-MSX and RU-MSX. I will get back with my results. :)
Thanks for your great ports :D

Here are some speed results.

GP32 msx emu

MSX 1
29 sec NTSC Frame Limit
29 sec PAL Frame Limit
24 sec NTSC NO Frame Limit
24 Sec NTSC NO Frame Limit

MSX2
31,5 sec NTSC Frame Limit
31,5 sec PAL Frame Limit

NLMSX (PC emu)

MSX 1
32 sec NTSC
32 sec PAL

MSX 2
32 sec NTSC
32 sec PAL

SVI728 (Real MSX1)
32 sec PAL

Please note that these figures might not be completely accurate since it was a bit hard to make exact timings. But playing MSX1 games in MSX2 mode works almost perfect. I did not feel the slight speedup. :) Oh another thing that is not really important is that the intro screens on Konami games turns the background to black when it should be blue, (like the msx intro screen) and on newer Konami games like Nemesis2 the Konami logo turns all white, it should be orange, red and white (if I remember correctly) Please don't get me wrong rlyeh, It is a great EMU and i am forever greatfull :D

Back