MS-DOS game recommendation thread

I maybe able to get it run with Lunixboch's usermode qemu release/opengl shim, but not sure how playable it would be... although I think it may be a little less demanding than UnrealTournament and Lunixbochs got that mildly playable.

Neverwinter Nights?

I not there an X86 Linux Executable somewhere?

I mean a Neverwinter Nights Linux Version?

Then can we maybe play it with Qemu User Emulation.

I was in the past very very near to play Descent3 on the Pandora too.

But it hanged on GL Errors at least,because the Linux Version of Descent3 can only Fullscreen.

When Neverwinter Nights can be played in a Window,

Then do i think its possible.

Aand sorry for that Offtopic ;)

I maybe able to get it run with Lunixboch's usermode qemu release/opengl shim, but not sure how playable it would be... although I think it may be a little less demanding than UnrealTournament and Lunixbochs got that mildly playable.
Please do - and document the 'how to'.  Additional information on NWN for Linux can be found here (and all over the net) http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Linux/Installation

Neverwinter Nights?

I not there an X86 Linux Executable somewhere?

I mean a Neverwinter Nights Linux Version?

Then can we maybe play it with Qemu User Emulation.

I was in the past very very near to play Descent3 on the Pandora too.

But it hanged on GL Errors at least,because the Linux Version of Descent3 can only Fullscreen.

When Neverwinter Nights can be played in a Window,

Then do i think its possible.

Aand sorry for that Offtopic ;)
Yes.  There is a NWN Linux version for both client and server.

If you can get it running on a Pandora using QEMU, please tell me how.

NWN can be played in a window or full screen at resolutions from 640x480 up through 2700x1600 (I did this using 3 monitors and 2 graphics cards) and likely beyond.

Still... it's sure as hell no Dos game.
Define DOS.  Disk Operating System.  Usually this can be interpreted as things that can launch from a command line without Windows.

Neverwinter Nights for Linux can be launched from a command line, does not require a Windows environment (Microsoft or X) in order to run.  In fact - it can run the server side in a no-GUI environment quite happily.  I know this since I've had 4 NWN public game servers running relatively nonstop on headless Linux virtual machines for the last 4 years.

This game would be amazing on a handheld - especially if it can be coaxed into online play with all of the community expansion packs running.

Still... it's sure as hell no Dos game.
Hmph, it might be kind of a tumbleweed moment (not sure which version we`re talking here - I assume the Bioware one) - but original DOS Neverwinter Nights was one of the first MMORPGs, released in 1991 by SSI as a tie-in to their seminal Gold Box series.

Yeah many people don't realize there was a DOS game with the same name that predates The windows game everyone thinks is the first.

Most of the DOS games I loved have been mentioned (even BioForge - I still have the original media for that) except these:

D/Generation

Cybercon III

I was in awe of Cybercon III when I got my hands on a copy - the first really immersive VR experience for me.  A unique and still very enjoyable game, written mostly in assembly language if I recall correctly.  Runs great in DosBox.

Back