Release Mr Rescue

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Mr Rescue, a little arcade game made in Löve.

preview1.png
This port use glshim. I have added many functions, and especialy some preliminary Framebuffer support, so the game runs now.

Still using Löve 0.8.0. I will try to update to 0.9.1 soon.

Start is mapped to Enter, but the 3 actions keys are mapped to the ABX on the Pandora.

History log

========

Build 06

------------

• Removed fix for possible "infinity" scoring as it's usefull only in easy level (possibly in hard too).
Build 05

------------

• Restricted C4A to Medium difficulty building (renamed C4A)
  • Fixed score not submiting when beating the game in other level than easy
  • Try to fix a possible "infinity" scoring scheme
Build 04

------------

• Added C4A
Build 03

------------

• Quickfix to previous build that was broken
Build 02

------------

• Compatible with Firmware SZ 1.62+
Build 01

----------

• Initial build
  • Some key customisation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for another port.  I will try to give it a play in the next couple of days.

This is a brilliant little game, actually! I was going to try out a go or two on the way to work today. I've now filled out the highscore list and just about missed my train stop :D

Repacked to make it compatible with latest firmware (and quickfixed, as it seems my latest libGL broken something on the FBO).

Build 03

------------

• Quickfix to previous build that was broken
Build 02

------------

• Compatible with Firmware SZ 1.62+

Great game. Thanks for porting.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea that the scores from every difficulty level are sent to C4A. I don't think they are really compareable. Or maybe there should be seperate high scores for each difficulty level.

Though it seems that the score from the normal difficulty level doesn't get sent when you finish the game but it is sent only when you die. On the easy level it is sent when die and when you finish the game.

Also it seems that this might be one of those games where you can get pretty much infinite score if you keep repeating a certain pattern of actions forever. Let's hope no-one starts abusing this.

In short the competition just started and you already have an infinitive score? I dont feel so well about this. 

Great game. Thanks for porting.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea that the scores from every difficulty level are sent to C4A. I don't think they are really compareable. Or maybe there should be seperate high scores for each difficulty level.

Though it seems that the score from the normal difficulty level doesn't get sent when you finish the game but it is sent only when you die. On the easy level it is sent when die and when you finish the game.

Also it seems that this might be one of those games where you can get pretty much infinite score if you keep repeating a certain pattern of actions forever. Let's hope no-one starts abusing this.
Oh, I may have to check that (but that infinite loop will be hard to fix for me).

About the Levels: I have not made any filter because, in my sense, it was fair to mix them, as more difficult level have more floors,and so have more oportunity to make more score ? Is there a flaw here? Maybe I should multiply the score, *2 for medium, *3 or *4 for difficult?

The "beat the game" is supposed to be handled, at least, I that is what I thought. It seems I missed something. @matti1234, the end of game is when you have beaten some kind of big fire boss, right?

About infinite scoring, not sure on what to do (as I don't even know how to do it). Any suggestion @mati1234 ?

About the Levels: I have not made any filter because, in my sense, it was fair to mix them, as more difficult level have more floors,and so have more oportunity to make more score ? Is there a flaw here?
The harder levels are not only longer but the difficulty is also higher so for example a score of 9000 on the normal level might be harder to achieve than a score of 10000 on the easy level. (or at least that's how it seems to me)
The "beat the game" is supposed to be handled, at least, I that is what I thought. It seems I missed something. @matti1234, the end of game is when you have beaten some kind of big fire boss, right?
Yeah, the game ends when you beat the fire boss thing (at least on easy and normal levels). My score was submitted after beating the boss on easy level but not on normal level. I've completed the normal level only once though so maybe I should try that again.
About infinite scoring, not sure on what to do (as I don't even know how to do it). Any suggestion @mati1234 ?
Should I tell everyone what the glitch is (haven't done that yet in case someone would start using it). I'll at least PM you about it (I probably should have done that already).Anyway, you'd have to keep doing the same thing for a long time to get a significant score increase and it would get quite boring so I'm not sure if anyone would actually do it. (or maybe there is someone who would http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17139-c4a-competition-in-october/page-2#entry362343 :p )

@matti1234: for level scoring, I understand. So, either I restrict C4A to the Easy level (to stay fair to the already posted score) or I apply a multiplication factor to medium (*2) & difficult (*3) scores. Your preference here?

The "beat the game" bug: I have changed the place where I submit score. I should not miss any in next build.

Inifinite score: ok, not sure it's worth trying to "fix". If you can discribe easily, send me a PM (but I must say I'm not very good at this game).

@matti1234: for level scoring, I understand. So, either I restrict C4A to the Easy level (to stay fair to the already posted score) or I apply a multiplication factor to medium (*2) & difficult (*3) scores. Your preference here?
I think it might be better idea to restrict C4A support to a single difficulty level since it might be hard to figure out a score multiplier that is fair.
My highest scores on C4A are from the normal difficulty level though but I guess I can try to ask skeezix to remove them.

Back