Movies Thread

I'm still just halfway through. A few good lols, but not enough action. But yeah, if I had macaroni, I could make mac and cheese with this movie.

EDIT: Oh wow, the ending was totally excellent :) if you thought only old galactica had flying motorcycles, you were wrong. someguy99, go watch this film, the music and the hair alone is worth it.

No he doesn't. Their punchline was 'remember, the good guys always win. even in the 80's.' :D Nobody really dies, so it resembles a bit an episode of GI Joe that's worse than usual.

klikklak said:
No he doesn't. Their punchline was 'remember, the good guys always win. even in the 80's.' :D Nobody really dies, so it resembles a bit an episode of GI Joe that's worse than usual.

Is it like the A-team? Do they have magical, unspoken of forcefields than ensure all bullets never hit them?

Last edited by a moderator:
SomeGuy99 said:
klikklak said:

Is it like the A-team? Do they have magical, unspoken of forcefields than ensure all bullets never hit them?

Haha, it's not only them not being hit. If you consider the TV show they must be the worst shooters in the universe.
Do you remember they hit anyone, ever?

BTW, did anybody see The Darwin Awards? Quite cool, especially if you know the website or have read the books.
Of course, they had to wrap some kind of plot around the individual stories, not necessarily worth an Oscar but still enjoyable.

klikklak said:
I just saw Brainstorm, which is an 80's scifi flick with michael walken. Was pretty good tbh, watch it if you like brain interfaces and lab drama.
I got that a couple of months ago, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I got it as I was trying to find a film I saw years ago, and that one sounded the most likely.

SPOILERS:
Is it the one where people can record their memories and then other people can play them back, and it's just like it was happening to them? The one I'm thinking of has a particular scene where people are selling pr0n to replay and one of the guys is trying out a memory from a teenage girl in the shower. Dunno why that particular scene stuck in my head though :ph34r:

Saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World tonight. I never read the graphic novels so I can't compare them, but the movie seemed really pretentious and hipstery. I'm sure Michael Cera is part of the reason for that but he's not the whole reason. In spite of that, I still liked it. It managed to be pretty fun in spite of all the stuff that annoyed the shit out of me. I wouldn't pay to see it again, but if I got some more free passes (or downloaded it *cough cough*), I'd watch it again.

Javacat said:
klikklak said:
I just saw Brainstorm, which is an 80's scifi flick with michael walken. Was pretty good tbh, watch it if you like brain interfaces and lab drama.
I got that a couple of months ago, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I got it as I was trying to find a film I saw years ago, and that one sounded the most likely.

I don't think there was a scene like that. I could've been doing something else, but I don't think so. The plot is however exactly that, people recording sensations, but it's mostly concerned with the army taking over the lab where the main character worked. Maybe you mean Strange Days? It had a memory recording plot as well. Good movie too.

kasi said:
BTW, did anybody see The Darwin Awards? Quite cool, especially if you know the website or have read the books.
Of course, they had to wrap some kind of plot around the individual stories, not necessarily worth an Oscar but still enjoyable.
Yes i watched it after reading the book. There were some funny parts but the main storyline is just so cheesy and exchangeable. Also, every single character apart from the protagonists is some kind of stereotype, i hated the obviously bogus statistics they were pulling out of their ass every 3 minutes and the male protagogist was so blatantly nerdy and insecure it is just not funny anymore. But yeah, i had some good laughs.

Has anyone seen Big Man Japan? It's the weirdest Film i've seen in a while and lots of fun too.

Recently, I have seen "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and I thoroughly enjoyed it... A friend of mine suggested it to me.

I haven't really watched anything at all since then... (not even television) as I have been quite busy with a certain project.

Just saw the Hunt for Gollum. Impressed.
Also, anybody notice the full length movies in the featured videos :D It seems that when something from Lionsgate doesn't make the cut into theaters, it winds up on Youtube.

Minor bump to this thread (oi.. mods.. sticky this thread if you read it!).

I watched District 9 last night. I didn't really know much about it before seeing it. When it started I almost walked out the room after realising it's set in south africa with the vomit inducing south african accent, but I decided to push through it. It then went on into something that was blatently trying to make some sort of statement, which again made me want to leave the room, but I decided to push through that (unless it got much worse). After about 20 or so minutes of it setting the scene using that pseudo news footage, I started to wonder whether the entire film would be like that, and again almost left the room. I persevered though and the film FINALLY got going and I actually really enjoyed it.
Towards the end it fealt like the film was getting a bit lost with where it was going and it started to remind me of Cloverfield and Iron Man. As I said, it ended up beign a good film, but if I didn't know it would have aliens in it then I doubt I would have watched it past the first 15 minutes.

Might aswell mention it, but I also watched Avatar recently. It was ok, and the graphics were pretty but it has been overrated to the extreme.

Edit: ^^ and Gattaca pwnz :p

I'm wondering if Skyline is any good, it seems to have popped up out of nowhere.

I saw an advert for Skyline a couple of nights ago and wondered if it was any good (with the suspicion being on it not be). Might check it out when it's out on DVD :p

I watched The Road last night. It's another film I didn't know much about before seeing it, other than it being somewhat post-apocalyptic. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I really liked it. I was going to say that I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure that's the right word. The movie is insanely depressing. Great film, but it would push an emo over the edge :ph34r:

And thanks for whoever sticked this thread :D

Back