Moulds

craigix said:
Of course we will get them shipped, we will work right up to the 23rd and you can collect in person on the 24th if we have not shipped them all.
Hi Craigix:

I know I'm reading more into this email than probably intended, as we all do on ocassion... However, I just have to ask... When you say we can come pick them up if you have not shipped them all are you only talking about the first 1,000 or the entire first batch? Of course all this is based on ideal situations and nothing else goes wrong and everything gets delivered within your safety margin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
LOL. So now we'll have first set first batchers, and second set first batchers...
yeah... :(

i am a bit disappointed that i wont get it during christmas.

But when's the period openpandora cant ship? When do the mailing companys get off?

Monk said:
LOL. So now we'll have first set first batchers, and second set first batchers...

I tried to avoid saying it. Especially as I have no idea when the rest is due.
Didn't want to start certain people of into defence mode. :lol:

First 1000 will be a massive milestone and nice, but what about the rest? (I really need to find out where I am in queue and change my delivery address)

I'm, starting to wonder about a possible slow-down over xmas at the Texas factory. The week between xmas and new years' would normally be a good time for people to take vacations, etc. That and if there are any other Chinese holidays coming up.

Not that it worries me all that much. If I don't have mine by the 23rd, I won't mind waiting another week or two. Well, I will, but I'll get over it. Probably.

Phawx said:
Again, I am just glad I am between 700-800 and live relatively close to Texas.

Hello, sorry for being out of topic, but how do you know where in the pre-command list you are? Is this a speculation or is there a list?
Thanks.

Hi. This thread is the one you need: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50602-how-do-you-find-out-place-in-queue-shipping/

craigix said:
Of course we will get them shipped, we will work right up to the 23rd and you can collect in person on the 24th if we have not shipped them all.
I really appreciate this response to my earlier post.
Here's to hoping you are correct.
I have worked in the electronics manufacturing and assembly business, and know how big a task this is.

I again am serious about my offer to come down there between now and Chrismas and help out in the process.
Like I said, soldering nubs, packing boxes, applying labels, sweeping floors, whatevs.

PM me if interested in some help.
Thanks,
j.

Na-Noo said:
First 1000 will be a massive milestone and nice, but what about the rest? (I really need to find out where I am in queue and change my delivery address)

As far as I understand it the company are going to send 1000 cases, and then get to work on the rest. I'd imagine that by the time the first 1000 have been fully assembled, the other cases should be with the factory. SO I don't think there'll be any significant delay between the first 1000 and the rest of the units, save for normal manufacture time.

Please feel to correct me if I'm wrong (like you needed my permission! :p)

ZoxFox said:
ED said (...) the massporduction of the case, AV cable and the boards could start at monday all together.

craigix said:
The TV cables are made, they are in a warehouse in China..

j.pickens said:
craigix said:
I really appreciate this response to my earlier post.
Here's to hoping you are correct.
I have worked in the electronics manufacturing and assembly business, and know how big a task this is.

I again am serious about my offer to come down there between now and Chrismas and help out in the process.
Like I said, soldering nubs, packing boxes, applying labels, sweeping floors, whatevs.

PM me if interested in some help.
Thanks,
j.

I would love to go down to Texas also and help in any way I can. If I could get some kind of discount on a Pandora! I would sale my PSP and my DS Lite in a heart beat if I could get a pandora for like $250! Where in Texas is this factory?

Pleng said:
Na-Noo said:

As far as I understand it the company are going to send 1000 cases, and then get to work on the rest. I'd imagine that by the time the first 1000 have been fully assembled, the other cases should be with the factory. SO I don't think there'll be any significant delay between the first 1000 and the rest of the units, save for normal manufacture time.

Please feel to correct me if I'm wrong (like you needed my permission! :p )

Hahahaha Hope I don't come across tooooo badly. :lol:
I've not been following the forum much in last few weeks so know idea if it's been addressed already.
I think your right as to how long it takes to produce them, but with holidays, producing moulds for other people etc, don't know when they'll actually start the rest etc.
Swear I remember reading the production itself is quick it's the change over from one set of moulds to another that takes time.
What's considered not long between the first 1000 and the last one? Just so I have a feel off what everyone else thinks?

EvilDragon said:
Asmo said:
ZoxFox said:
ED said (...) the massporduction of the case, AV cable and the boards could start at monday all together.
craigix said:

Those were the prototypes...
Slip of craigix's tounge? :p
3537073155_068b62cd7e.jpg

Nation.A.List said:
Slip of craigix's tounge?

No, the prototypes are enormous and therefore need to be stored in a giant warehouse. Complex plastic parts like these are generally made very large and then shrunk using a process similar to shrinky-dinks. By Oompa-Loompas.

Nation.A.List said:
EvilDragon said:
Asmo said:
ZoxFox said:
craigix said:

3537073155_068b62cd7e.jpg
An image of a forked tongue?

Surely you're not suggesting that Craigix would intentionally phrase his updates in such a tortured and unnatural way that they seem to indicate more progress than is factual, while remaining vague enough that no one can say with absolute certainty what is meant by them?

VRAndy said:
Nation.A.List said:
EvilDragon said:
Asmo said:
ZoxFox said:
craigix said:
< snipped image >
An image of a forked tongue?

Surely you're not suggesting that Craigix would intentionally phrase his updates in such a tortured and unnatural way that they seem to indicate more progress than is factual, while remaining vague enough that no one can say with absolute certainty what is meant by them?
You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment :eek: :p

Back