Most Wanted Firmware Features

Best thing for me would not only be boot time but boot quality.. I always get coloured vertical lines at the startup and the logo displays every 5 or so tries. I've never had it freeze on the green screen though, lol.

Improved battery life coming in 1.3.0?
I am impressed - how has that been achieved? And who has started a fire underneath the firmware dev team! :)

The rumor said that NK is hired by GPH. NK himself only said he's hired, but not mentioned by whom. However, in Korean forums, he sounds very defensive of GPH recently, and he seems to be aware of what GPH is working on for the next firmware updates and stuffs.

Anyway, am I the only one who notice the screen flicker when I push joystick after firmware 1.1 or later? Before 1.1, it wasn't too noticable, but 1.1 and 1.2 made it very noticable in main menu. A faster boot time is definitely my top priority, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scanlines are horrible, at least on my machine. Some people say they don't have any - lucky buggers.
I mean, I can see scanlines especially when I shake the screen, but they don't bother me. They never have and I actually quite like the look of screens with scanlines - call me a freak! But maybe my screen is better than average? Flicker would be annoying if I was stuck in default mode. There is a hint of flicker still in UPLL mode but I don't really notice. Maybe my eyes are just slow :D

Thanks for the answer by the way Codeninja. I assume NK is a community member here, not someone poached from Dignsys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted most of all: impliment Xnumber of DaveC's control configuration, i forgot which one it was, but one of them is perfect and stops the shitty diagonal problem.

second: boot up in under 10 secs, i can live with 10

third: erm...dunno, not much i want in terms of firmware..oh, i guess improved battery life like advertised, and the battery light working again

1. Shorter Boot Time
2. No more scanlines
3. Less hanging on boot
4. Support for MP4, and possibly wma/wmv
5. Image slideshows
6. Bootup screen that actually shows bootup

That's about it, really. No, wait.

Proper mount/unmount of SD cards when removed (to remove the need to power down the GP2X between builds).

I think I'm agreeing with most people here:

Faster bootup or some kind of hibernate/save state
It's be nice if we could have an option to see what it's actually doing on screen during that 20+ second bootup.
I'm really not a fan of the whole utility/game thing, doesn't this only filter file extensions?
Can they remove the whole SD Card/NAND Memory select screen altogether if we can't use it, although the new arrangement is a bit better than before? I'm still automatically moving down and pressing select by accident all the time though.. :)

Back