Modding A Wii

Steve-O posted on Mar 11 2007 at 05:22 AM said:
anything with RW after it is rewritable.. Im using Ritek G04 DVD-R's and they are working perfectly :)

Thanks, soo if a import game game doesnt work, I would be able to write another game on it? Is there a li it to how many times you can burn one disc?

How do you burn a wii ISO onto the DVD, is there a special way to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Mar 11 2007 at 01:37 PM said:
anything with RW after it is rewritable.. Im using Ritek G04 DVD-R's and they are working perfectly :)

Thanks, soo if a import game game doesnt work, I would be able to write another game on it? Is there a li it to how many times you can burn one disc?

I think you can burn onto a DVDRW 1,000nds of times

You can use Nero to burn Wii iso's...

Steve-O posted on Mar 11 2007 at 10:03 AM said:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Mar 11 2007 at 01:37 PM said:

I think you can burn onto a DVDRW 1,000nds of times

You can use Nero to burn Wii iso's...

Do you have to you certain settings or just burn the game to the disc?

dont need any special settings. I just burned red steel using nero. easiest way is to right click the iso file then open with nero then when nero opens choose your dvd writer then click on next and thats it.

CABBAGES posted on Mar 11 2007 at 08:57 PM said:
dont need any special settings. I just burned red steel using nero. easiest way is to right click the iso file then open with nero then when nero opens choose your dvd writer then click on next and thats it.

ok thanks, all I need is a DVD burner. I am going to try to buy one when I get home from school later today.

well youve all ahd your modded wii's for a while now, anyone care to update me on how things are going? Hows the import support? Im still in two minds whether to wait or buy one now.

Anyone got any feedback?

loz_the_guru posted on Mar 26 2007 at 03:19 PM said:
well youve all ahd your modded wii's for a while now, anyone care to update me on how things are going? Hows the import support? Im still in two minds whether to wait or buy one now.

Anyone got any feedback?

I think its great... apparently a new Wiikey update is out soon with better import support :)

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Mar 26 2007 at 09:25 PM said:
I ordered from Divineo and they have been confirmed for selling clones. If I see that it is a clone when I get it, what do i do?

has your order been shipped?? If not cancel it, if so when it arrives and it looks like a clone, take photos of it and send them to wiikey and tell them the exact site that you got it from etc.

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Mar 26 2007 at 10:25 PM said:
I ordered from Divineo and they have been confirmed for selling clones. If I see that it is a clone when I get it, what do i do?
Are you sure its confirmed? They're still official dealers on Wiikey.cn

Steve-O posted on Mar 27 2007 at 01:21 PM said:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Mar 26 2007 at 09:25 PM said:

has your order been shipped?? If not cancel it, if so when it arrives and it looks like a clone, take photos of it and send them to wiikey and tell them the exact site that you got it from etc.

yes its been shipped.

Goity posted on Mar 27 2007 at 01:27 PM said:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Mar 26 2007 at 10:25 PM said:
Are you sure its confirmed? They're still official dealers on Wiikey.cn

they just posted that it was just a rumor on the front page. Thats a relief.

Heh, I love the comments. Obviously this IS business as usual. Leave it to the fanboys to turn this into some crazy thing ;)

Anyway I'm glad I have an older wii. I'll probably be modding it at some point, and my skills are to-be-desired when it comes to soldering as is ;)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 28 2007 at 02:45 PM said:
Anyway I'm glad I have an older wii. I'll probably be modding it at some point, and my skills are to-be-desired when it comes to soldering as is ;)
Don't worry about it. My soldering is awful but I still managed to pull this off first time. And it still works :) for now ;)

They are the same, the different domains just change where the item is sent from.

so? the "Wiikey" or the "Cyclowiz" witch one is better? im going to buy one and have it fitted in the next week.... so far its looking like the Wiikey but im still not 100% shore.... thats why i need your help..

Back