Minecraft help

Viking

So when I try to play some Minecraft, I got "bad video graphic card" or something. So i googled it and tried a toturial and it worked, kinda.

What I did was downloading a different opengl.dll file and replaced it, think I downloaded it from www.titaniumgl.tk ?

Anyway, now when I play the game, the map is invisible and some elements are red! Totaly unplayable.

So I thought I just could download the AMD driver again, but to no avail.

What should I do? Should I download the newest opengl.dll file? In that case, were can I find it?

My brother had the same problem, it was just a bad videocard driver. Download GPU-z (I'm assuming you're running windows) and tell me what graphics card it has, I'll see if I can help further from there.

Noooo that didn't work.

But as said, I did replace my opengl.dll file with another. but the driver update should have updated that too..

I'm not sure what else can be done, maybe you should wait for someone more knowledgeable to find this thread.

didn't work either.

My minecraft just looks like this now..

minecraft fakked.png

Manually update the version of lwjgl in the Minecraft directory. No idea where that is on Windows, unfortunately, but I'm sure you can find it.

It's my brother's netbook and I got it because he didn't need it and it wasn't worth much + I needed a laptop with HDMI and a large HDD.

EDIT:

Now the loading screen is totaly black. But yeah, as I said earlier, I did replace my openGL.dll file with another in system32 dir.

Wouldn't the solution be to get that file back?

EDIT EDIT:

I force updated minecraft, and it "retrieved" lwjgl.dll after updating it.

I wasn't supposed to do that, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, I saw my brother play minecraft on this very computer. And it worked, just a little lag sometimes.

But the thing is, he got his computer from his school and it was allready installed with windows and drivers.

So I've formated the netbook, running W7 and found the drivers online.

btw, this netbook is powerfull enough to run champions online smoothly :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it's Notch fault if the netbook have been able to play minecraft before?

Back