I think I've almost got minecraft

ToastBucket

Very Active Member
I managed to install PanDebian on one of my SD cards and got OpenJDK installed, running both the JDK and the JRE. Then I downloaded the Minecraft .jar executable. When I run it, I get the launch screen (where you log in) and it lets me log in. Then it updates. Once it says Updates Done, I get a black screen. Is this because of a lack of OpenGL support? When I look in terminal it gives me a "javaw" error, which is weird as this is linux.

I was under the impression that there is just way too much info to be placed on the screen for the pandora to play minecraft, at least unless the display distance was incredibly shorter.

Edit: typo

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression that there is just way too much info to be placed on the screen for the pandora to play minecraft, at least unless the display distance was incredibly shorter.

Edit: typo

well it gets a "javaw" error, which is something not being able to be executed because it is calling "javaw." But this is the linux version of minecraft, so it shouldn't be calling that. It should be calling "java." Although what you said could also be the problem.

I managed to install PanDebian on one of my SD cards and got OpenJDK installed, running both the JDK and the JRE.
No need to go that far. The java.pnd works well enough. By which I mean it also doesn't run Minecraft either.

The problem is and always will be the lack of openGL. The graphics library Notch is using doesn't have openGLES bindings. That's the reason Minecraft doesn't run.

They're working on ES bindings, so it might happen at some point in the future. At that time, we might find it runs too slow, but we have to get there first.

In theory, decrease the resolution and the render distance, maybe it'll work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I'd heard that before but I wasn't sure if OpenGL was the problem here or not because of the javaw error.

They're working on ES bindings, so it might happen at some point in the future.

Who's they? Notch, or Pandora devs??

Back