Meritous

paul3100

Meritous

Has anyone played Meritous yet?

Just completed it took me about 7 hours all in but what a great homebrew game, first game iv actually seen to the end in years :)

I guess its a little like zelda (original zelda) loads of bad guys, power-ups and over 3000 rooms to explore with a great map plus there are loads of save points and other great features.

Try it out

paul3100

Oh and thanks to the author of this excellent game .

Yea, I like it too. I was surprised that no one talked about it when it became available for download on the archive...

Hi guys.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Was a tricky work to get it run with the AStick. Currently, I've got a version ready that is, acording to a tester, running all features, including pause, quiting and the helpfile. I've no caanoo, so it took a bit longer since I can't test myself. I'll shoot out the updated version asap.

hey Schnatterplatsch

As i said above great game really enjoyed playing it better than most commercial games based on gameplay :)

as iv completed it and would love to play through again id love to be a beta tester for you or whatever.

paul3100

I have to admit I didn't want to play the game when I read the description, but now I played it and it is awesome.
I've been playing like 15 minutes and it already is addictive. 1.8% cleared >_<

I would appreciate some more refined graphics, and maybe some different level-designs (but I am early in the game, so that might pick up).
But it really so very cool.

The game has different enemies in later rooms also the shade of rooms changes in different sections, just keep playing your in for a treat :)

Paul3100

paul3100 said:
The game has different enemies in later rooms also the shade of rooms changes in different sections, just keep playing your in for a treat :)

Paul3100
Yeah, I played some more and now my right hand hurts :p
I found out about items, pretty neat.

But I also noticed that there is no way to exit or read the manual properly.
The executables are also somewhat fucked since meritous_caanoo.gpe has incorrect key-mapping and does not return to the menu.
meritous.gpe also has wired keymapping (x = b, b = x, start and select not working at all, yeah just weird) and my control.log has the same 2 lines repeated about 106.000 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ derdritte

Schnatterplatsch the author of this game knows about the issues as you may have noticed from this thread and has another version in beta test just now so should solve most if not all problems, personally it didn't bother me the small glitches as its still fully playable and you just get used to the way it handles.

anyway expect a v2 out soon :)

paul3100

There seems to be some misunderstandig :rolleyes: . I'm not the author, I just rewrote the control input for the caanoo. The original author is asceai: http://asceai.net/meritous/ and Grz did the Port to the GP2X. I used the code for the WiZ ported by scachi.

As said I'm only awaiting a final feedback to release the bugfixed version.

Hello, only on my caanoo Meritous cannot continue saved games ?

Sometimes it works, but very often it fails during 'loading' phase, so will never be able to finish this great game :(

Same here.
My brother can save and load games without trouble. But every time I play this game it fails at loading, approx. 2/4 of loading it hangs. (And yes, my brother has his own caanoo.)
Sorry, but with this bug the game is unbeatable. I cannot play 10hours continuous.

lenlrad

works fine for me.

try download from file archive again and reinstalling

paul3100

paul3100 said:
works fine for me.

try download from file archive again and reinstalling

paul3100

I tried it but same problem :(

Is there a way to ask some support to developer/porter ?

I found a way to reproduce this bug:
Start a new game (of course backup your old one ;) ) and search a save point. Save there and quit. Start again and continue the game. Now save at the same save point you've saved before. Quit again and now try to continue your game. It'll fail. :angry:

lenrlad

Hi,

Thanks for that description. I'll take a look at it hopefully at the weekend. I think I included the source as I uploaded it, so you can try yourself. Can't promise I'll manage it though, I lack in time for such things recently. Does it happen with the PC version, too?

Schnatterplatsch said:
Hi,

Thanks for that description. I'll take a look at it hopefully at the weekend. I think I included the source as I uploaded it, so you can try yourself. Can't promise I'll manage it though, I lack in time for such things recently. Does it happen with the PC version, too?

Hello

Any news about this problem ?

I just tested GP2X version (via Ginge running on Caanoo) and... the same problem :(

Maybe i am unlucky with This game :D

Back