Meritous

Grz-

Still Fresh
Port of Meritous, an action-adventure dungeon crawl game by Lancer-X/ASCEAI.

shot0_0000.png
shot0_0002.png

Download: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,2777

Grz- said:

shot0_0000.png
shot0_0002.png

Download: http://dl.openhandhe...0,0,0,0,26,2777
I am absolutely hooked on this game and always have to play it every night. I've killed about 55% of the enemies and entered about 40% of the rooms plus I have killed 1 of the big bosses. Can't wait to finish the game to finally chill out again.
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Grz- said:

shot0_0000.png
shot0_0002.png

Download: http://dl.openhandhe...0,0,0,0,26,2777

Wow, first PSP and now GP2X, how unexpected. Lancer-X is a buddy of mine and I'm sure he appreciates the ports. I asked him a really long time ago about doing these and he was mainly concerned with the resolution reduction. It's good to see you worked that out. Also was concerned about how it'd perform - I take it it runs okay for you?

Good luck getting the "real" ending, for those of you that do it's not going to make any sense since it's some kind of weird injoke amongst our crowd ;D

I am absolutely hooked on this game and always have to play it every night. I've killed about 55% of the enemies and entered about 40% of the rooms plus I have killed 1 of the big bosses. Can't wait to finish the game to finally chill out again.

Cool, i hope boss/end will work as expected because i don't have finished it yet. (40% :rolleyes: )

Also was concerned about how it'd perform - I take it it runs okay for you?

There is some slowdown when there are many ennemies but with ram tweaks and a bit of overclock it is ok.

Anyway if you see something wrong please tell me, i will fix it.

Grz- said:
Hmmmm, my save game does not seem to work now. It loads a quarter of it then freezes. This also applies to the Windows version using the same save file. I don't really want to start all over again as I have done so well.

Any suggestions?
huh.gif

PS. I could provide you the save file if you wish to test with?

Tag5 said:
Grz- said:
Hmmmm, my save game does not seem to work now. It loads a quarter of it then freezes. This also applies to the Windows version using the same save file. I don't really want to start all over again as I have done so well.

Any suggestions?
huh.gif

I guess it is because you tried to load it with windows version of meritous, gp2x save are not compatible with windows save (forgot to mention it :rolleyes: ), did the gp2x save worked before you transfert it to windows?

Grz- said:
Tag5 said:
Grz- said:

Any suggestions?
huh.gif

I guess it is because you tried to load it with windows version of meritous, gp2x save are not compatible with windows save (forgot to mention it
rolleyes.gif
), did the gp2x save worked before you transfert it to windows?
Nope, I only played Meritous on my GP2X and getting pretty far into the game (60% Enemies and 45% Rooms cleared). I had saved many of times with no problems during game play. All of a sudden, it not longer wants to continue when it was last saved. I still had plenty of batteries left when it saved so it didn't crash during this process and I exited the game as normal through the game menu. But now it seems to load a quarter the way and then freezes/stops. I then only used the Windows version of Meritous to see if it can load the game file as the GP2X no longer can load it.

Hope this clears up the confusion.
smile.gif

Tag5 said:
Grz- said:
Tag5 said:
Grz- said:

Any suggestions?
huh.gif

I guess it is because you tried to load it with windows version of meritous, gp2x save are not compatible with windows save (forgot to mention it
rolleyes.gif
), did the gp2x save worked before you transfert it to windows?
Nope, I only played Meritous on my GP2X and getting pretty far into the game (60% Enemies and 45% Rooms cleared). I had saved many of times with no problems during game play. All of a sudden, it not longer wants to continue when it was last saved. I still had plenty of batteries left when it saved so it didn't crash during this process and I exited the game as normal through the game menu. But now it seems to load a quarter the way and then freezes/stops. I then only used the Windows version of Meritous to see if it can load the game file as the GP2X no longer can load it.

Hope this clears up the confusion.
smile.gif

Could you post somewhere the save so i can look at it please. :)
I will fix the game soon, it happen that it seem to be the same bug as the PSP version had... but not sure.

Grz- said:
Could you post somewhere the save so i can look at it please.
smile.gif

I will fix the game soon, it happen that it seem to be the same bug as the PSP version had... but not sure.
I have PM'd you the URL for my save file.
smile.gif

Would it be possible to add the diagonals support for F100 please ?

Thanks a lot,
paxl

EDIT : the part to be edited would be around the line 1423 of Levelblit.c, but I don't have a build environnement for the '2x near :(
Arghh a programmer without his compiler :(

Tag5 said:
Hmmmm, my save game does not seem to work now. It loads a quarter of it then freezes.
I just had this happen. Checked my SD. Always have charged batteries but still get the occasional bad file. Save file had truncated first byte. Restored from previous backup. Lost an hour of gameplay. Maybe you need to chkdsk your card?

Yes but i don't know what to add since i don't own a F100, any link where it is explained please? :)

As for the corrupt game save i don't know what it could be, i tried to restore the save file from Tag5 but failed since there too much corrupted data in it...

Grz- said:

Yes but i don't know what to add since i don't own a F100, any link where it is explained please? :)

As for the corrupt game save i don't know what it could be, i tried to restore the save file from Tag5 but failed since there too much corrupted data in it...

You know those bits inbetween the d-pad bits on the GPIO pins? The diagonals are wired there on the F100. I don't remember the exact GPIO numbering off the top of my head, but if you have code accessing it directly then you should be able to support the diagonals - just make an access act like it's pushing both of the adjacent cardinal directions.

I'll try it at lunch :)

Thanks, will make it playable on the F100 !

Bye bye
paxl

EDIT : It's weird, It works but stop working sometime :( Like when you go diagonal down right and rotate to down, sometime it just dont work, it stop registering the down...

Do what I say make sence or not ?

paxl

EDIT2 : the problem must come from the fact that the diagonal can and will be held as the ordinal. IE. When you pass from diagonal down right to down there is a small amount of time that down and the diagonal is held, can this make a problem ??

paxl13 said:
I'll try it at lunch :)

Thanks, will make it playable on the F100 !

Bye bye
paxl

EDIT : It's weird, It works but stop working sometime :( Like when you go diagonal down right and rotate to down, sometime it just dont work, it stop registering the down...

Do what I say make sence or not ?

paxl

EDIT2 : the problem must come from the fact that the diagonal can and will be held as the ordinal. IE. When you pass from diagonal down right to down there is a small amount of time that down and the diagonal is held, can this make a problem ??

Since diagonals works on F200 (didnt know that it was the same thing as f100) too ill see more tomorrow to fix this, this was just a quick build.

Diagonal support on the GP2X-F200 does make game play a lot easier.
laugh.gif

Tag5 said:
Diagonal support on the GP2X-F200 does make game play a lot easier.
laugh.gif

I'm sure :) But I don't happen to have a F200 :) I should have buyed one when there were
still availlable.

paxl

Got another corrupt save. Same error when I chkdsk that I have a truncated byte. Meritous is the only game I am playing on my card right now. Do we need to start it with a script and call a sync after? I now back up my SD almost daily. I'm not sure what is contributing to this but I save my game multiple times when playing.

Back