Memory question

Extending the maximum size from 32GB to 64GB or higher is trivial though. The Linux kernel is already prepared for that, so when those 64GB cards arrive they should work out of the box on the Pandora. And all the way up to 2 TB.

So you are saying that 64gb sdhc cards should work on pandora without upgrading it so that means we will have 128gb of memory on pandora that is totally amazing plus we will have internal memory of 512mb even better.

Pandora is coming more like a laptop memory, laptop usually come with 120gb.

I've seen a claim that 128GB cards will be on the market in a year or so too.

Honestly, has anyone ran out of space with this kind of device and two 32 GB cards? :)

I dont even get my 8gb full on my phone... <_< i could... but there aint so much big games / so much music i can listen in one day :)
But when you use 10 different emu's and with a bit music you could get 32 gb quite easy full i think.

Then again, with some wise thinking one could figure out which files are useless and delete them. E.g. I have 8 GB of music on my Mp3-player, but I listen to less than half of them, I could easily get 4 GB free with some optimal storage space usage. ;)

I don't carry music, and I don't carry videos, but my laptop always runs out of space because of all the satellite data I try to keep there, for processing and testing.

These data sets are huge. Laptop computer is a bit big and heavy to carry around, and so I rely a lot on my Nokia N800 these days.

There's no reason I can't process data on the device itself (particularly the improved Pandora), but just to have the files available in a usable manner (listing tools, inspection tools, even just the file manager) is good.

And I also have tons of documentation in the form of pdf files.

The gigabytes add up fast, so I can in practice never get large enough SD cards. And the two card slots is a life saver, when you think about it - not just because of the double capacity.

Back