More Space On Pandora

Nightfall

Still Fresh
I was looking how to add more space on Pandora for when I get it, and I use a lot space with games and vids. I know Pandora can hold about 64gb with two 32gb sd. Also you can add usb hard drive, but most hard drives have a lot of weight to them even a zif, pata, mini sata drives which are USB powered. So, I started look at flash drives which go up to 32gb or (120gb maybe). Viewing something like that on the back sticking out like wifi antenna (no good). I found out that the company Freecom makes USB memory drives the size of a credit card which easily can mounted on the lid of Pandora with mini flat USB cable. The max size is 120gb of space plus the 64gb( if you got two 32gb card) is 184GB or with the 160GB it would be 224GB of space making Pandora into a Super Pandora.This would be a great idea for power users.

Here the site on ebay:

Freecom USB Memory 1.8" External Hard Drive 120GB and 160GB CREDIT CARD SIZE!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Freecom-USB-Memory-1-8-External-Hard-Drive-120GB_W0QQitemZ260519638976QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_Drives_Storage_Internal?hash=item3ca82e37c0

Pictures Here:
http://www.freecom.com/objects/00014789.jpg
http://www.freecom.com/objects/00014790.jpg

They're not legal and this isn't a ROMs board. It's against the rules here to post ROM links as it could cause all sorts of problems.

And why not just get a few spare SD cards?

yeah you don't wanna get banned on your 2nd post.
You can click "edit" and remove that part of the post.
Also, DO NOT BUY FLASH ON EBAY even if it seems legit and so does the buyer. It's just a bad idea.

Also, ROM's are not free.
The "licence" on them is that you either OWN the original cartridge or you delete them within 24 hours (which I'm not even sure on the legallity of that one).

That drive noticably large.
You could use a CF usb card, or even two and still have a smaller footprint than that card.
Just get 2 64GB (or larger) CF or SD cards and a TINY adapter. Seeing how Pandora uses USB 2.0, it'll be fast enough.

Another way you could do it if you're around your home is WiFi (NAS) hard drive.

it reads faster and a sd card plus if you traval a lot like i do you want to have lots of vids or anime.

There's a HDD inside that thing. It's not solid state at all. I have a very similar drive that matches the description given, and there's a 1.8" ZIF drive inside. Solid state drives in the size and capacity described are WAY more expensive.

I made a topic about the samsung 1.8 hard drive about 2 month ago. They go up to 250GB.
Maybe you'll find it interesting.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49892-ultimate-storage-for-the-pandora/

Last edited by a moderator:
kingoddball said:
The "licence" on them is that you either OWN the original cartridge or you delete them within 24 hours (which I'm not even sure on the legallity of that one).
That 24-hour thing is bunk. It's something people came up with to make themselves feel better, like the idea that you only download songs to see if you want to buy the album.

mindlord said:
There's a HDD inside that thing. It's not solid state at all.

Also the reason why it say's 1.8" External Hard Drive 120GB on ebay...

That drive is a ssd but read like a class 10 sd card. I got 34mb read / 24 for write on a 40gb test. I don't want to have moving parts. I've seen zif,pata hard drive fall and brake not work again. Plus they burn out quick form over use. SD and SSD have a 20 yrs life expectancy, depends on brand. I just got one, and I plan on using it with pandora. Its super light in my hand and it feels like 3 or 4 credit cards. Its 8.2cm long by 5.8cm and 2cm depth.

Polossatik said:
mindlord said:
There's a HDD inside that thing. It's not solid state at all.

Also the reason why it say's 1.8" External Hard Drive 120GB on ebay...

No one body is perfect! You can also get at Freecom dot com.

marshal said:
I made a topic about the samsung 1.8 hard drive about 2 month ago. They go up to 250GB.
Maybe you'll find it interesting.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49892-ultimate-storage-for-the-pandora/

Moving parts brake fast. I learn that the hard way with a zif drive. I lost a lot of anime on one.

mindlord said:
There's a HDD inside that thing. It's not solid state at all. I have a very similar drive that matches the description given, and there's a 1.8" ZIF drive inside. Solid state drives in the size and capacity described are WAY more expensive.

I was think that too,but its a ssd.At a low price.

Looks really interesting, I might look into it. And post pictures when you get your Pandora +SSD :)
Btw, it's better to edit one post instead of making multiple posts in a row :)

kingoddball said:

That drive noticably large.
You could use a CF usb card, or even two and still have a smaller footprint than that card.
Just get 2 64GB (or larger) CF or SD cards and a TINY adapter. Seeing how Pandora uses USB 2.0, it'll be fast enough.

Another way you could do it if you're around your home is WiFi (NAS) hard drive.

That's a lot of part to take around with you. Me 2 pieces a small cable and a small sdd hdd. Up to 250gb plus 64GB

rabidpoobear said:
yeah you don't wanna get banned on your 2nd post.
You can click "edit" and remove that part of the post.
Also, DO NOT BUY FLASH ON EBAY even if it seems legit and so does the buyer. It's just a bad idea.

I buy a lot of stuff from Japan, china and I never got a problem with them. Just pay them! LOL!

barnesy said:
They're not legal and this isn't a ROMs board. It's against the rules here to post ROM links as it could cause all sorts of problems.

And why not just get a few spare SD cards?

What if you got a hole in your pocket? BYE,BYE SD! A drive is a little bigger.

Back