Built-in memory

Nightwind0

Still Fresh
I know I found this information before, but it may have been on the original forum.... and for the life of me, I can't find this information, forgive me if it's right in front of my face.

I know the Pandora has 2 SD slots, but doesn't it have some non-volatile memory of it's own, and how much?

Also, since it has USB ports, and runs Linux I'm assuming that thumb drives and external drives can be mounted? Has this been tried by the devs?

256mb nand or was it 128... in any case it is highly discouraged for the user to access it since the nand is non replaceable

also don't forget that you can't brick the pandora even if your nand goes bad you can still boot from SD

It has 256 MB of NAND flash that will be used to store the OS and core system. It's not really designed to store user data, however.

Any USB drives that support HiSpeed mode (i. e., all of them, unless it's very, very old or something) should be usable with the built-in mass storage driver.

Yes, it will be running kdrive/some minimal X server on top of Linux 2.6.26. Possibly it'll be based on Angstrom, not sure about that though. It's been indicated that there's an interest in promoting Ubuntu as an official alternative later on.

From http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/ :

Pandora gaming handheld runs Ångström
Posted September 18th, 2008 by koen
For all the gaming enthousiast out there: The Pandora gaming handheld will run Ångström by default!
As one of the developers is quoted saying:

"We derive our current filesystem from Ångström with lots of custom Pandora buildrules and string the whole lot together with Open Embedded."

Tom said:
Yes, it will be running kdrive/some minimal X server on top of Linux 2.6.26. Possibly it'll be based on Angstrom, not sure about that though. It's been indicated that there's an interest in promoting Ubuntu as an official alternative later on.

Sweet :)

Back