Meet The Dsi Ll Folks

Consequence9 said:
Even if you could, would it really be worth the effort compared to just waiting a month or two to get it in the proper region?
This is how I see it from past experience, the US will get them in about 3 to 4 months then Europe and then Australia in about 6 to 12 months, but you say buy from USA, at the moment they are very reluctant to post over sea because paper work and postage cost
I am out of patients
I want it now

Last edited by a moderator:
second exodous said:
Why do Sony and Nintendo do this? The original DS is just as good as this and the PSP hasn't really advanced either. Also, they do the same stuff and play the same games and aren't any cheaper. How stupid do you have to be to 'update' your DS or PSP? The only reason I would buy this is if I didn't already own a DS, maybe that is what Nintendo is thinking, there are still people that haven't bought a DS so they have to make small changes but not change anything important so it will still play all the same games.

In a rather forthright talk, Masato Kuwahara, project leader of the Nintendo DSi hardware group, revealed some of the reasoning and methods behind the redesign of the DS hardware....
“At the end of 2006, there was about one DS system per household already sold in Japan,” said Kuwahara. “Our next goal was to increase that number to one system per person. To that end, we developed the third iteration of that system. That became the Nintendo DSi.”

I guess you missed the talk about Nintendo’s 'Blue Ocean' stratagy too.

Yes Nintendo is trying to sell their DSi LL to people that DON'T own a DSi.

And unlike a DS the DSi LL will play DSi games. :p

Dr.Altaica said:
second exodous said:
Why do Sony and Nintendo do this? The original DS is just as good as this and the PSP hasn't really advanced either. Also, they do the same stuff and play the same games and aren't any cheaper. How stupid do you have to be to 'update' your DS or PSP? The only reason I would buy this is if I didn't already own a DS, maybe that is what Nintendo is thinking, there are still people that haven't bought a DS so they have to make small changes but not change anything important so it will still play all the same games.

In a rather forthright talk, Masato Kuwahara, project leader of the Nintendo DSi hardware group, revealed some of the reasoning and methods behind the redesign of the DS hardware....
“At the end of 2006, there was about one DS system per household already sold in Japan,” said Kuwahara. “Our next goal was to increase that number to one system per person. To that end, we developed the third iteration of that system. That became the Nintendo DSi.”

I guess you missed the talk about Nintendo’s 'Blue Ocean' stratagy too.

Yes Nintendo is trying to sell their DSi LL to people that DON'T own a DSi.

And unlike a DS the DSi LL will play DSi games. :p
Well, I guess the only way I'll buy one is if my DS Light breaks and I can't fix it. Then again, the DSi or LL doesn't offer a GBA slot, and I still own a lot of them, so I'm still not completely sold.

500x_hioldlday.jpg

Wow, it even comes in a freaking huge box so old people can see it from a distance and be able to pick it up with minimal use of arthritic fingers.

Wow, that thing is friggin' huge! After going bankrupt from buying every version of the DS that comes out you could use it as a tent, much better protection than what a cardboard box would provide in the alley you have to live in with all the drug addicts and crack whores.

Instead of stars you would watch blocky images all night because the resolution is horrible on those things.

Has any body got a DSi ll yet if so give us your impression of it. :p

RedBaron said:
Has any body got a DSi ll yet if so give us your impression of it. :p
I went into the future and bought a used one for $8.
It's just like the DS, but bigger.
And, I can probably get about $3 for it when I sell it back to that same shop in a few years...

I wonder if I can still use my Supercard on this new DS? Anyone know about that angle of things: whats the best way to run homebrew?

SONY said:
Close up?

Please watch this. B)
From what I can see the picture is very clear and sharp no pixilation

RedBaron said:
SONY said:
Close up?

Please watch this.
cool.gif
From what I can see the picture is very clear and sharp no pixilation
It does indeed, just could have been nicer to have this as the initial DS model released rather than releasing minor updated versions of the same console. Saying that it goes for other electronical goods.
wink.gif

Back