The New Nintendo Dsi Ll

R

RedBaron

Well I tried the new Nintendo DSi ll, fantastic hand held but the games SUCK BADLY, I am selling it and going back to buy a GPS2X F200 :blink:

You should hold off on selling it, and check out a few titles. The majority of the DS catalogue doesn't appeal to me either (blocky 3D crap, cutesy pet feeding brain training stylus waving nonsense, UGH) but as a retro gamer there are some things you should check out, like New SMB, Yoshi's Island, N+, Metal Slug and Giana Sisters. With emphasis on Giana Sisters. All them are fantastic games with that old school spirit, and you won't get them on any other handheld.

My DS use is purely 2D platforming. It's a great system for it, you just have to go digging for the good games.

Gruso said:
You should hold off on selling it, and check out a few titles. The majority of the DS catalogue doesn't appeal to me either (blocky 3D crap, cutesy pet feeding brain training stylus waving nonsense, UGH) but as a retro gamer there are some things you should check out, like New SMB, Yoshi's Island, N+, Metal Slug and Giana Sisters. With emphasis on Giana Sisters. All them are fantastic games with that old school spirit, and you won't get them on any other handheld.

My DS use is purely 2D platforming. It's a great system for it, you just have to go digging for the good games.
Another reason for selling it is that it is all in Japanese except the games and all the flash cards have problems of one sort or another and I cant afford to buy original games

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Well, not being able to afford the games is a good reason not to own the system.

You're going to have to stop all this impulse buying and selling. :p
You got that right, I think I will take your advice and keep it for awhile

RedBaron said:
Gruso said:

Another reason for selling it is that it is all in Japanese except the games and all the flash cards have problems of one sort or another and I cant afford to buy original games
I think this is a pretty bad reason to own a gp2x. Most if not all of the games I play on gp2x, I own the original, but can't keep 10 systems attached to my tv, not to mention save states. I also take buses to get around and that is what gives me my reading and gaming time. But I don't think people should get a Wiz/pandora/gp2x... for the sake of getting free gaming and not having to pay for games. Even if you just wanted to use it to check out games of yesteryear that you may have missed out on if you are too young to remember them is better than saying well this way I can play games without paying for them. Just my opinion.

Chris

Hello, my name is SONY. I live in the Off-topic, PANDORA, wiz, Dingoo, Other console sections of the gp32x.de board,

Just visiting to say, hi.

Anyway, hi. :)

christo930 said:
But I don't think people should get a Wiz/pandora/gp2x... for the sake of getting free gaming and not having to pay for games.

I bought a DS lite, and the first thing I bought was a flashcart (original R4 and 3-in-1 for the GBA games). I've not bought anything else for it other than a carrycase :)

There's some really, really good games for it and downloading is easy.

I bought the GP2X for the emulation mostly, and the fact that I can just download games for it! No need to pay for all those Amiga/Megadrive/NES/etc games, just leave the '2x hooked up to the TV. Shame GPH fucked it up so badly - the Wiz might have been a reasonable purchase but there's no way I'll go back to GPH now, and as the commercial Wiz games don't look like they'll be coming out then there's no point even looking for torrent sites for it.

Pandora is going to be a similar thing for me - free games! I've bookmarked the french emu planet so my frenzied downloading can commence the moment my pandora arrives.

D.

I'm with you on the free games thing, the only thing thats interesting in this whole gaming-consoles sphere is the pure creativity and spirit of the utterly-independent developer who has no restrictions placed on them. This is where the fun stuff happens.

I do hope we see less "Run [__X__], Run!" type games, heh heh ..

I still have my old Fat DS. It's great Resident Evil is blocky and crap.. But its resident Evil!
Just enjoy your DS..
Maybe hack it.. Run an R4DS and play with DS-Linux or DS-Inferno.

There are some cool apps out there, like VOIP.. The DS is pretty user friendly for a geek!

Back