Meet The Dsi Ll Folks

Noone even mentioned these punchcards before you did.

And although i find it idiotic to have a 4.2" display with 256 x 192 resolution, i don't think it is bad marketing. If you want good looking games with modern graphics, the DS is not for you anyway (and neither is the PSP, perhaps the iphone if it had any games worth playing). Plus 80% of the target audience doesn't know what "resolution" even means.

In the first post I read that nintendo wants to target people
who use their DS as a Mediaplayer... The first thing nintendo
should do then is finally getting the DS a decent sound chip.
Sound quality on a DSb through headphones on MP3´s
is just an insult for everyones ears.
with the bigger screen at the same resolution you´re actually more accurate
in pointing things on the touchpad. Maybe my hands won´t get numb
on this modell when playing with touchscreen and D-pad controls at the same time
(That was the case when playing with the DSLite).
But as long the core system stays allmost the same, there is no reason
in buying a new design of it.
Nintendo should focus more on the game supply for the DS instead...

Fishbong said:
Noone even mentioned these punchcards before you did.

That's my point.

The only thing to complain about the DSi LL is that you can't use the current punchcards on it.

So why is everyone(Gameing websites) screaming bloody murder of the DSi LL?

Unless someone releases a game with 4 inch punchcards no one that doesn't buy a DSi LL is going to be affected by it's release.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're just doing it to make up sales lost on games due to piracy. Can't blame them really.

And has the resolution been confirmed?

I'm getting one in 2 weeks time, so I'll let you guy know what's up.
I'll post pics and stuff as well. Can't wait!!! B)

EDIT:

nintendo-dsi-ll_-specifications.jpg

Why do Sony and Nintendo do this? The original DS is just as good as this and the PSP hasn't really advanced either. Also, they do the same stuff and play the same games and aren't any cheaper. How stupid do you have to be to 'update' your DS or PSP? The only reason I would buy this is if I didn't already own a DS, maybe that is what Nintendo is thinking, there are still people that haven't bought a DS so they have to make small changes but not change anything important so it will still play all the same games.

Ok no body makes an LCD 4.2" with a resolution of the DS, my guess is that they will do a bit of extrapolation so it should look good

RedBaron said:
Ok no body makes an LCD 4.2" with a resolution of the DS, my guess is that they will do a bit of extrapolation so it should look good

I bet if no one was making them before someone is now that Nintendo wants it.

B-ZaR said:
SONY said:
"Gemuboiadobansukarijjisurotto" = Gameboy Advance card slot? Just curious :p

IMG_3818.sized.jpg

That's what my Dingoo A320 is for, lol. :p

Don't click HERE if you don't want to know the truth about DSi LL/XL being catered for oldies like myself, lol.

Also, just a little over 1 more week to go till I preview the Nintendo DSi LL/XL on these boards. B)

dsixl.jpg

nintendo_dsi_ll.jpg
dsillbrownopen-600x548.jpg

naturalwhite.jpg

dsill.jpg

The Japanese DS LL is in Japanese only

email sent
Hi
Can I select a different languish like the ds or is it all in Japanese?

email received
Hi
Thank you very much for looking, instruction, menu in Japanese only but it can use with all ds carriages.
thank you very much,

Bad luck I will have to wait

Lol, this video you linked was pretty funny Sony.

Two things:

1. Why does grandma need a DS? Just so she can chat on it?
2. Look at that house! If it's in Japan then grandma has enough money to buy a human being to use a DS for her so she won't be bothered by her poor eye sight or arthritis. Heck, if it's in the US she could.

second exodous said:
Lol, this video you linked was pretty funny Sony.

Two things:

1. Why does grandma need a DS? Just so she can chat on it?
2. Look at that house! If it's in Japan then grandma has enough money to buy a human being to use a DS for her so she won't be bothered by her poor eye sight or arthritis. Heck, if it's in the US she could.
rofl hilarious d00dz0rz

Would be possible to install different firmware in the future to turn a Japanese one into a English one

I don't think consoles will be region encoded anymore, the PS3 isn't and I don't the the new PSP is and my DS can play both Japanese and Europe carts and I didn't mod it in any way. Region encoding for consoles doesn't make sense anymore, if you go to a 3rd world country the consoles aren't any cheaper, in fact they cost more than they do in the US or Europe. Games are cheaper, a little, but you won't want to buy a game that isn't in your language anyway, so you're not going to go to Mexico and buy a game in Spanish just to save a few bucks.

The only reason to have region encoding is for countries like China, middle eastern countries, and other countries like them that control media to the point that their people have no idea what is going on in the rest of the world. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft make special consoles for countries like these, unmodded they won't play any game that doesn't have their region encoding. Surprisingly all the countries that have to worry about this stuff don't speak a Latin based language so they have a really hard time playing English games. I don't think any of them can read Japanese well either.

I still think movies played on these consoles obey the region encoding, which is pointless also, China should have a region encoding and middle eastern countries should have their own and then the rest of the free world should be able to watch whatever they want.

Anyway, I can play other countries carts on my DS and it has 6 languages, and I know Brazilian PS3's can play US games unmodded where the PS2 you had to buy a modded console. I think you'll be fine if you buy a ultra huge DS from Japan, I think region encoding for the free world is going away.

The only thing you need to worry about is if the country uses a means to get data on the device wirelessly that is not compatible with the wireless means in your own country. That and the wall socket.

I was thinking of flashing the bios with the DSi XL bios when it comes out

Even if you could, would it really be worth the effort compared to just waiting a month or two to get it in the proper region?

Back