Disappointed In Nintendo Dsi Ll Games

R

RedBaron

I have used the Nintendo DSi LL for a wile now and the hardware is grate especially the large screen but if you were bought up on retro games you will be very disappointed in the game selection as I was, the DSi LL is now fore sale, I am going back to GP2X F200 console and retro games :(

So get a DSi flashcart, they work on the LL system. The Acekard 2i is the best one out now, is ~$30. There is a very large DS homebrew community and emulators for NES, SNES, SMS, Genesis, GB/GBC, a port of ScummVM, and more. Along with emulators there are actual media playing programs, comic book readers, book readers, organizers, community games, ect.

fischju2000 said:
So get a DSi flashcart, they work on the LL system. The Acekard 2i is the best one out now, is ~$30. There is a very large DS homebrew community and emulators for NES, SNES, SMS, Genesis, GB/GBC, a port of ScummVM, and more. Along with emulators there are actual media playing programs, comic book readers, book readers, organizers, community games, ect.
I have a flash card that works, where do you get these emulators from?

Last edited by a moderator:
RedBaron said:
fischju2000 said:
I have a flash card that works, where do you get these emulators from?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=28 - Look at the stickies
Or
http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/ - Scroll to the 'Emulators for DS' sidebar

Gruso said:
Didn't we do this thread in December?
Not quit, I gave the Nintendo a chance to prove it self, it FAILED
I just tried some of the emulators on it, not very good

I think you have some kind of condition that forces you to buy and sell gaming handhelds indiscriminately.

RedBaron said:
Gruso said:
Didn't we do this thread in December?
Not quit, I gave the Nintendo a chance to prove it self, it FAILED
I just tried some of the emulators on it, not very good
What did you expect? The CPU clock is not very high, there isn't a whole lot of RAM, and the DS screen resolution is too low to display many games as most were higher resolution than 256 x 192.

A little research would have prevented you from buying a DS for emus. Nintendo didn't "fail",you did(they didn't design the DS for emus FYI).

What the hell are you on about?

For "Retro Style" gaming, the DS has one of the best libraries around, especially compared to the PSP. :-/ Not only do you have some great straight ports (Like Chrono Trigger DS), you also have TONS of great 2d platformers, shoot'm'ups, and beat'm'ups!

Chrono Trigger is pretty amazing on the DS. If you're into retro games, you might want to try out Retro Game Challenge. It's pretty fun and can be pretty challenging at parts.

doesnt it just play the same games as every other ds incarnation so far (plus the dsi extra content games)?

Yeah, the NDSi Ll is just a new form factor, like the Game Boy Micro.

Besides, I'm impressed that Nintendo did SOMETHING relatively creative with the NDS, taking advantage of the touchscreen, microphone, etc. I hope we do the same with the Pandora (but better!).
After all, you just need some imagination (although programming skills wouldn't hurt either :p )

The DS has an amazing selection of original games and quite a few great ports of classic games as well. (I just found out there is an Umihara Kawase version for it!) Of course, it is pretty crappy for emulation, what were you expecting?! Just get all the amazing original titles like Hotel Dusk, Phoenix Wright, Black Sigil, Lost in Blue, Elite Beat Agents, Kirby Power Paintbrush, Pac Pix, Garfield's Nightmare, Tingle, Trackmania, Soul Bubbles, ... I've bought like 40 games for my DS. Only my PC can beat that!

nds has DRAGON QUEST 4,5 and 9 coming! Chronno Cross ,FF 4,5 ...must have for every RPG fan of retro RPG games

There are a lot of great DS games, there are so much of them in great variety it is almost impossible not to like it. I do hate the 'in between movies' of a lot of modern games you can't skip, but that is probably my only gripe.

varan77 said:
nds has DRAGON QUEST 4,5 and 9 coming! Chronno Cross ,FF 4,5 ...must have for every RPG fan of retro RPG games

At least for RPG fans who want to play an endless stream of ports and remakes. I hadn't heard about Chrono Cross, though. That's actually kind of weird.

Exophase said:
varan77 said:

At least for RPG fans who want to play an endless stream of ports and remakes. I hadn't heard about Chrono Cross, though. That's actually kind of weird.

Well varan77 mentions Retro RPG games, so yes, endless stream of old, remakes and ports is what he/she likes ;)

Back