Media Reports

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, is using the first few words of a comment as user name kind of "in" in troll circles these days?

Craig x

Could you scan the article? I often flick though it as they seem the sort of mag which would cover the Pandora, but I've never noticed it in there.

yeah ill see if i can scan it for tomorrow

Vlynndar said:
Gruso said:
A couple more pulled from the blog stats:

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/42018 (87 hits)

http://www.maximumpc...early_completed (41 hits)

Do yourself a favour, don't get emotionally involved in the MaximumPC comments. "Nubs arent new, my PSP slim has one" :lol: Good luck with that, petal.

...The atmosphere is that second link is not what you'd call pleasant.

I think this one is my favorite so far, it's kind of creative: :lol:

"That is the dumbest looking thing I've ever seen in my life."

"It looks like one of those fake 'devices' you can buy at a 7-11 that have candy inside of them."

I think the Pandora's going to be a lot sweeter than any candy 7-11 could ship, though. :D

skyeyemachine said:
Vlynndar said:
Gruso said:
A couple more pulled from the blog stats:

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/42018 (87 hits)

http://www.maximumpc...early_completed (41 hits)

Do yourself a favour, don't get emotionally involved in the MaximumPC comments. "Nubs arent new, my PSP slim has one" :lol: Good luck with that, petal.

...The atmosphere is that second link is not what you'd call pleasant.

I think this one is my favorite so far, it's kind of creative: :lol:

"That is the dumbest looking thing I've ever seen in my life."

"It looks like one of those fake 'devices' you can buy at a 7-11 that have candy inside of them."

I think the Pandora's going to be a lot sweeter than any candy 7-11 could ship, though. :D

You think? The 7-11 ones dispenses candy. Pandora's box dispensed evil of all sizes and shapes.

there is a small pic from my micro mart magazine

was funny tho because i picked it up and was flicking though the pages like really fast, and it caught my eye, and i was like what page was that, and now that magazine is mines ha.

if anyone wants to read the article i have uploaded it to share

the side is a bit blurry but you can read the full pandora article, made sure i got that bit. :) enjoy guys

Read Here

stephen0205 said:
if anyone wants to read the article i have uploaded it to share

the side is a bit blurry but you can read the full pandora article, made sure i got that bit. :) enjoy guys

Read Here

Good read.
They call it 'the British made Pandora'. Makes me wonder, with the cases and keymat being Chinese and the boards American (I'd think) and designers from everywhere, what determines it's British? Just that the company is based there? Fun.

(If I'm incoherent, it's 01:05)

Thanks for posting it Stephen, it is a pretty well written article. I should email them.

Although I wish some writers would move away from 'expensive for a games machine'. I'd rather 'Cheap for a micro PC'.

Must push that angle with the press... :)

You can also remind them that even though the hardware might be a bit expensive, games will be much cheaper than their retail counterparts. Big companies sell cheap hardware and expensive games, you guys are selling moderately expensive hardware, and developers put out games for free or for cheap.

it definitely needs to be emphasised as more than a gaming device for sure. it can potentially be pretty much anything with the right USB add ons and without them its only really lacking 3G and GSP which arent all that crucial anyway. it bugs me how all these other MIDs get all this "respect" (before half of them fold) for looking glossy with a few high quality renders and because they run XP and a double as a portable hand warmer. other than smart phones, i really dont see the enthusiasm from the press for entirely arm cortex devices. it seems acceptable for a mobile to not do everything a netbook can for $600 but it seems reported as nothing special for a MID to be as flexible (or more so) than a phone and a netbook, be far cheaper than a phone, and cheaper than most netbooks. public and press perception is so damned weird. i still dont understand how people get so excited about touch screen fps games on the iphone. as great as it is that unreal engine is coming to non x86 devices, its essentially screwed in its functionality for the iphone before they even begin. if it wasnt for there being further potential revenue from idiots willing to download that sorta stuff from the app store, i think the gaming companies would just laugh at the idea of those games on such a device.

edited to add:

Vorporeal said:
You can also remind them that even though the hardware might be a bit expensive, games will be much cheaper than their retail counterparts. Big companies sell cheap hardware and expensive games, you guys are selling moderately expensive hardware, and developers put out games for free or for cheap.

i think its pretty important not to come across as apologetic or defensive about the things the system doesnt have. show off its plethora of strengths. when we have some great homebrew going, and maybe even some retail games going, we will really be able to shout out loud. i would love to see the device be actually sent to commercial developers to generate interest and motivation for them porting games. imagine if a company like valve and steam got behind it to licence and sell its back catalogue to something like this. it would give them a vehicle in the portable market and the demand for the pandora would skyrocket. it would only take something like this to pull the device into the mainstream

The english part of the best (maybe biggest) german IT magazine c't/Heise posted about the Pandora in an article: http://www.h-online.com/open/features/New-life-for-dead-software-891469.html

craigix said:
Thanks for posting it Stephen, it is a pretty well written article. I should email them.

Although I wish some writers would move away from 'expensive for a games machine'. I'd rather 'Cheap for a micro PC'.

haha and as you stated the overestimation of battery life is always indicated. Very sad that it turns out to be like this.

craigix said:

In this case, they should move away from outdated Pandora-Pictures. I often see total vintage Picture/Render Material when it comes to Pandora Articles.
You guys should make a Package of High-Quality Up-To-Date Pictures for the Press. ;)

Another Media Report, albeit very brief, here:

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/New-life-for-dead-software-891469.html

Interesting that they're positioning the Pandora as a solution to the dead software dilemna ..

torpor said:
Another Media Report, albeit very brief, here:

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/New-life-for-dead-software-891469.html

Interesting that they're positioning the Pandora as a solution to the dead software dilemna ..

Yep, got that one up, Spirit beat you to it mate.
That and the micro mart was a nice write up, bit more than the usual reporting.

Sounded like micro mart was angling for a preview unit :lol: have to admit I never even thought of them covering Pandora, especially since its not out yet.

It's definitely getting around, even if only just very small mentions sometimes. It all add's to free advertising ;)

no probs dudes, i just cant wait to get it.

im trying to learn some programming so i can make a crappy little game, just for fun

Back