Mame4all V2.0 Released

I happily played Dragon Breed, R-Type and Gradius III on my Wiz this morning.

With some nice high clock speeds these ran quite well, very impressed. Like other people's units, mine seems to clock to 800Mhz but doesn't get very far at 850Mhz.

Given the nice speed increases I think I'd like to add the discrete sound subsystem that I'd previously been working on and see how that fares with this new version of MAME4ALL.

How do you change the button configs? When I go to change it, it won't recognize any button presses and the button gets demapped.

sbock posted on May 19 2009 at 12:40 AM said:
There seem to be a problem with "rbtapper" and "rampage". In both games scaling doesn't work. It's OK in the GP2x version.

Regards,
Stephan
Yes, the scaling is done with software, it is only horizontal, and only activated if it can be done with the 'ugly' fast source code. It has to be improved... Or wait for the OpenGL hardware scaling (when i have the information/documentation/sample code)... Using OpenGL will also solve the diagonal line...

Anyway i will try to release in two weeks a new version, with more CPU frequencies supported, option to draw the screen rotated and solve the diagonal line but losing a bit of perfomance, solving the error reported by DaveC about the controls in rotated mode, etc.

Thanks for the report and regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Using OpenGL will also solve the diagonal line...

Anyway i will try to release in two weeks a new version, with more CPU frequencies supported, option to draw the screen rotated and solve the diagonal line but losing a bit of perfomance, solving the error reported by DaveC about the controls in rotated mode, etc.

Thanks for the report and regards.
I've seen clipping of the top and/or bottom of the display in some games; one that comes to mind is Satan's Hollow. Would scaling fix this?

Thanks. Love the MAME.

Look in the added gamelist.txt. None of the 3 is supported.

sbock posted on May 26 2009 at 10:20 PM said:
Look in the added gamelist.txt. None of the 3 is supported.
Yeah, noticed the list myself. :(
Still, there are so many other great games to play :).

Regards

André

Hmm, If I want to play the simpsons (I do) How do I get past the you must type yes to play the game stuff?

Devilmandex posted on May 31 2009 at 09:34 PM) Hmm at If I want to play the simpsons (I do said:
How do I get past the you must type yes to play the game stuff?
Press left on the digipad, then right.

Ditto, thanks Franxis - I'll give it a good whirl tonight - look forward to testing how much of a hit the screen tear fix has on my fave games (not that I found it that annoying in any event).

Cheers
Simon

Diagonal line fix works great on the most of the games I've tried, and at 800 mhz, I don't notice performance hit (but haven't tried processor intensive games yet). Looks like my wiz maxes out at 800 (crashes even at 805 - I had hoped it would be closer to 850 (which is where it crashed in mame 2.0).

Only problem I've noticed - neogeo games with the line fix are messed up (work fine without it) - rotates part of the screen.

Thanks again Franxis, wiz is worth the price of admission with mame alone :)

Cheers
Simon

Awesome job with MAME. It really is a nice upgrade from the gp2x version.

I have a just a quick question. I have a few roms (Fantazy Zone, Alien Syndrome, Alex Kidd...) that lock-up when I try to soft-reset back to the menu and I am forced to power down. They all seem to run off of the same hardware. Is there a way around it crashing? I have checked the dat file and matched it with the roms and nothing seems out of order. Any help would be welcomed. Thank you.

Anybody gotten Forgotten Worlds running? I tried a few times and it starts but as soon as I start playing Mame4all freezes up. So, anybody had succes with this or has a working set of settings?

Regards

André

that lock-up when I try to soft-reset back to the menu and I am forced to power down. They all seem to run off of the same hardware. Is there a way around it crashing? I have checked the dat file and matched it with the roms and nothing seems out of order. Any help would be welcomed. Thank you.
Don't use the Dr Z80 core on System 16 games. It's faster but it locks up MAME...

Regards,
Stephan

Back