Mame4all 2.2 Released

O M G :) :) :) :) OUTRUN is Playable now on the gp2x muchas gracias Franxis

i guess my dingoo will not get much attention in my holidays :)

As you can see on his homepage, Franxis already released the GP2x version, mostly with the same features. I uploaded the GP2x version to the file archive. The GP32 Port is maintained by slaanesh. Perhaps he add some of the improvements...

Regards,
Stephan
On the gp2x , anyone having trouble playing paperboy , seems very hard to control.

Anyways Thanks for the awsome release ...Bud

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see on his homepage, Franxis already released the GP2x version, mostly with the same features. I uploaded the GP2x version to the file archive. The GP32 Port is maintained by slaanesh. Perhaps he add some of the improvements...

Regards,
Stephan
On the gp2x , anyone having trouble playing paperboy , seems very hard to control.

My planning for the next version (two weeks or so) is the next one:
- Add access to the profiler (L+MENU) and the FPS (R+SELECT): Done.
- Improve the controls in the games having problems. I have already fixed: Defender, Stargate, Vindicators, Battle Zone, Sarge, Assault, TNK III, Ikari Warriors, Victory Road, Guerrilla War, Bermuda Triangle, Heavy Barrel, Midnight Resistance. I have some other more to be fixed but probably i don't have the complete list. Any suggestion?
- Fix the the crashes and low performance in TMS34010 Midway games: I have fixed unaligned memory accesses and i have to fix the CPU frequencies because they are too high.
- Full video scaling (horizontal & vertical in both portrait and landscape modes).
- Try to use the memory more efficiently to run the biggest games (e.g. the biggest neogeo games running ok in the gp2x and not yet in the wiz).
- Any suggestion?

- Improve the controls in the games having problems. I have already fixed: Defender, Stargate, Vindicators, Battle Zone, Sarge, Assault, TNK III, Ikari Warriors, Victory Road, Guerrilla War, Bermuda Triangle, Heavy Barrel, Midnight Resistance. I have some other more to be fixed but probably i don't have the complete list. Any suggestion?
The firing direction control for Robotron is all messed up. I can't remember exactly how - but its on the order of down shoots left, right shoots up, etc.

The firing direction control for Robotron is all messed up. I can't remember exactly how - but its on the order of down shoots left, right shoots up, etc.
Try reconfiguring the keys.

Press <SELECT> and <START> to get to the MAME menu and then configure keys. Make sure you pick the option for the current game only.
You may have to play around with it but you should be able to map the firing directions in a logically way.

Firstly: Nice job with the recent version. I tried many games and I find no regressions. The new timer system seem to work perfectly with a really nice speed boost. Many thanks...

Hmm, I have no problems with Vindicators, Assault and Battle Zone with version 2.2 using the remap feature from MAME.
But a fix for Ikari Warriors and Midnight Resistance is nice. The only other game with control problems I have in mind is SDI.

I have a question about Block Out. Slaanesh updated the driver, but the crash in the bonus round remains. Is it possible to try the driver from MAME GP2x 5.1 (0.34) or is that technically impossible? Block Out in this version work flawlessly.

Regards,
Stephan

Regards,
Stephan

My planning for the next version (two weeks or so) is the next one:
- Add access to the profiler (L+MENU) and the FPS (R+SELECT): Done.
- Fix the the crashes and low performance in TMS34010 Midway games: I have fixed unaligned memory accesses and i have to fix the CPU frequencies because they are too high.
- Full video scaling (horizontal & vertical in both portrait and landscape modes).
- Try to use the memory more efficiently to run the biggest games (e.g. the biggest neogeo games running ok in the gp2x and not yet in the wiz"].
- Any suggestion?[/quote]Does Forgotten Worlds freeze for you? My locks up completely :(. I would be great if you could look into that :).

Regards

André

Press <SELECT> and <START> to get to the MAME menu and then configure keys. Make sure you pick the option for the current game only.
You may have to play around with it but you should be able to map the firing directions in a logically way.
How do you get this to work? I tried reconfiguring keys before, but there's no way for it to accept the new button, if I try to change it then it removes the button and I can't find any way to reassign it.

Franxis thank you so much for all the work you put into this. I have not played the newest one yet since I don't own a Wiz at the moment. I was wondering one thing though. Has the sound in X-Men been fixed. I know when X-Men was first released the sound was prelimenary and added in version 0.37b8. It was then fixed in a later version by Olivier Galibert who wrote the 054539 sound chip emulation. Also he fixed the K054539 sound chip emulation which fixed some missing sounds. Is there any way that this might be added or will it not be possible because of the version it was released for?

or is that technically impossible? Block Out in this version work flawlessly.
I have seen the crash in Blockout - it's a segmentation fault. This means it's probably not the driver's fault.
The clue is that it works with out sound, so it looks like there is something wrong with the sound system.
I will have a look at it if I get the chance.

I'm also going to add the following games:

Fairyland Story
Momoko 120%

I'm currently adding sound to Fire Hawk (and other "Taito L" drivers).
This also adds a few more games.

I'll also have a look at adding sound to Xmen.

uh... Did you actually try this advice before posting it? The Wiz has no "START" button. If you mean press "MENU" and L + R to get back to the ROM selection screen - there's no option there to reconfigure keys that I can see...

Press "Select" and "Menu" ("Start" on the GP2x) together during gameplay. Then you can see the MAME config menu and can remap your controls.

uh... Did you actually try this advice before posting it? The Wiz has no "START" button. If you mean press "MENU" and L + R to get back to the ROM selection screen - there's no option there to reconfigure keys that I can see...
Sorry was talking terms of GP2X buttons.
And the concept isn't that dissimilar when applied to the Wiz so I would have thought that even with me naming it the START button you may have figured out that I meant the MENU button.

Here are the revised instructions:

Press <SELECT> and <MENU> to get to the MAME config menu to configure keys. Make sure you pick the option for the current game only.

Here are the revised instructions:
Press <SELECT> and <MENU> to get to the MAME config menu to configure keys. Make sure you pick the option for the current game only.

Finally figured out how to get to the menu you were talking about. However, once in the configuration part, it does not seem to accept any input from the right keys.

What I was doing was scrolling down to the P1 Right/Up (for example), which by default is set to I or J1 or JoystickButton. Then I press "B" and it looks like it is waiting for input (changes to < > ) . Then what? Doesn't seem to accept any input at that point from pressing the right-handed buttons which are used in firing in the game. All I succeed in doing is messing up the .cfg file for the game so that I have to delete it and start over.

mame seems to crash freeze when exiting some games ie outrun he only way out is reset via power switch is this a known bug to exit i press LR buttons whilst pressing menu together seems to work well on some games but some just seem to freeze when exiting.
Also i have all 2000 plus roms for mame a quick search of games would be good takes so long to scrol down to my fave games but apart from this all working well tested and working on firmware v1.10

mame seems to crash freeze when exiting some games ie outrun he only way out is reset via power switch is this a known bug to exit i press LR buttons whilst pressing menu together seems to work well on some games but some just seem to freeze when exiting.
Also i have all 2000 plus roms for mame a quick search of games would be good takes so long to scrol down to my fave games but apart from this all working well tested and working on firmware v1.10
Yes, it's a known problem - but usually only for games that use DRZ80. If it's annoying, avoid using the DRZ80 ASM core.
You can use the shoulder buttons to quickly scroll through the games list. It doesn't take that long.

I've added the following games (so far):

Fire Truck (uses DISCRETE SOUND)
Momoko 120% (odd game, what exactly do you do?)
Fighting Hawk (now has sound, as do some other Taito L drivers)
Kuri Kinton (and some other Taito L drivers, see the release notes in the next version of MAME4ALL).
Fairyland Story (though there are still some sounds missing)

I posted this in the GP2X forum but it's very quiet there and no one responded so I'll post it here:

How does the original version of Bubble bobble play in the latest Mame4all? I know the bootleg version ran fine in the older Gp2xmame but the original version had problems. One other game which was slow was Empire City 1931, Is it full speed in Mame4all?

Back