Mame4all For Gp2x V1.1

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X:

mame4all1.jpg

The following bugs have been fixed:
- Improved the DrZ80 compatibility. A lot of new games are compatible (Neo·Geo games, Bubble Bobble, Tokio, etc).
- High Scores support. Thanks to PalMAME for the hiscore.dat file.
- Fixed the video output in the vector games.
- Fixed the video orientation in the Bubble Bobble bootleg version (Bobble Bobble).
- Bubble Bobble can be played fullspeed now thanks to the DrZ80 core. I recommend to use the bootleg versions (Bobble Bobble and Super Bubble Bobble) because the emulation is faster.
- New great skins for the menu by Pedator.

For more information and the download, visit my web page:
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Nice. Let's start some intense testing this great new version...
Thanks!

Regards,
Stephan

Sigh! :( Empire City (1986!) dont' work yet with DrZ80 and the game is very slow... :unsure: That sin :eek: I love this game :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update franxis, but there some trouble with Pacmania, it crashes after the game info screen,
and Double Dragon still plays slow. Is there any for chance for an autofire feature for the buttons like it was for 5.1? :ph34r:

nixeon4x said:
Thanks for the update franxis, but there some trouble with Pacmania, it crashes after the game info screen,
I can confirm the bug with Namco System 1 games. Dragon Spirit and Galaga 88 have the same problem.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
sbock said:
nixeon4x said:
I can confirm the bug with Namco System 1 games. Dragon Spirit and Galaga 88 have the same problem.

Regards,
Stephan

The problem with the Namco System 1 games is due to the hiscores.dat file, if you delete the file, the games run ok... I will investigate it... It seems the hiscore.dat from PalMAME is not ok with some games... Regards.

Yes, that's right. A quick workaround is to just edit the hiscore.dat file with an editor and delete the namcos1 games. Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
Yes, that's right. A quick workaround is to just edit the hiscore.dat file with an editor and delete the namcos1 games. Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Stephan
Yes, please report any other game with problems with hiscore.dat...

Thanks much Franxis.

The vector games are much better now. Maybe there could be a way to have an option for the smooth vectors/antialiasing like the last version, but with the correct screen resolution like this version? That looked pretty nice and the speed was good.

Thanks again for everything.

frocco said:
Sigh! :( Empire City (1986!) dont' work yet with DrZ80 and the game is very slow... :unsure: That sin :eek: I love this game :rolleyes:
Yes what a pity... :unsure: ... i love this game too... :p ... please god Franxis ;)

Oh dear...

this release seems to have become very, very buggy.

When I first ran it, everything was ok. It loaded fine, it worked fine.

However, whenever I go to select a rom now, it goes to pick a completely different rom.

Now on booting it up, only some roms will work.

I go to select Pole Position for instance, and it will completely lock up my GP2X.

However, whenever I go to select a rom now, it goes to pick a completely different rom.

Yes, I also noticed this problem. It seems that the .cfg files for a game somtimes gets corrupt. Delete the .cfg file from the games who aren't selectable to fix this problem.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
Yes, I also noticed this problem. It seems that the .cfg files for a game somtimes gets corrupt. Delete the .cfg file from the games who aren't selectable to fix this problem.

Regards,
Stephan

Ummm i know what's the problem... To be fixed really soon...

Thanks Franxis, you are the best :) Thanks for the great work.

Back