Mame4all Gp2x 1.4

slaanesh said:
Hirolaser said:
slaanesh said:
Now Gauntlet and all the other Atari 68000 games should work much faster with Cyclone enabled. And the GP2X version beats the pants off the GP32 version again, like I was expecting :)

Are all the Atari 68000 games full speed, 0 frameskip with sound now? Do you need to overclock? I'm especially interested in Gauntlet as it is my favourite arcade game.

With some overclock (225Mhz), Gauntlet runs really well with 16500hz sound.
Check it out, it's worth the while. And of course make sure you select Cyclone ASM core in the options.

Any chance of getting mk1 and mk2 to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh said:
Hirolaser said:
slaanesh said:
Now Gauntlet and all the other Atari 68000 games should work much faster with Cyclone enabled. And the GP2X version beats the pants off the GP32 version again, like I was expecting :)

Are all the Atari 68000 games full speed, 0 frameskip with sound now? Do you need to overclock? I'm especially interested in Gauntlet as it is my favourite arcade game.

With some overclock (225Mhz), Gauntlet runs really well with 16500hz sound.
Check it out, it's worth the while. And of course make sure you select Cyclone ASM core in the options.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply. Love Gauntlet and I might build a simple control panel to play it and other games but I will certainly play it on the GP2X. Thanks for all the work you (and Franxis) have done for mame on GP2X.

MAME4ALL GP2X 1.5 will be released very soon... Yesterday i did some interesting optimizations in the FM cores and the mixer, as well as bug-fixes... Probably this weekend...

Franxis said:
MAME4ALL GP2X 1.5 will be released very soon... Yesterday i did some interesting optimizations in the FM cores and the mixer, as well as bug-fixes... Probably this weekend...
great news, Franxis!! and thanks in advance. ;)

Franxis said:
Is there any chance of Logic Pro or Logic Pro 2 working in this version? I have asked for it several times and haven't heard back whether it's included/do-able. It was introduced in the release which is 0.01 above that used in the last MAME4ALL and is heavily based on the system16 driver (it's a "deniam" driver, which is a system16 with a palette tweak or something, if memory serves), so it should be quite easy to port.

ledow said:
Is there any chance of Logic Pro or Logic Pro 2 working in this version? I have asked for it several times and haven't heard back whether it's included/do-able. It was introduced in the release which is 0.01 above that used in the last MAME4ALL and is heavily based on the system16 driver (it's a "deniam" driver, which is a system16 with a palette tweak or something, if memory serves), so it should be quite easy to port.
Of course, Slaanesh has added them to the last WIP version... and they run perfectly ;) .

Franxis said:
Of course, Slaanesh has added them to the last WIP version... and they run perfectly ;) .
Ah, you star! Now where's my refresh button for the MAME4ALL webpage... :)

ledow said:
Ah, you star! Now where's my refresh button for the MAME4ALL webpage... :)
Ah, Slaanesh star :) !

The new version will also have much faster FM and sound mixer code... And i'm trying to change the frameskip code and related options... Don't refresh the webpage until sunday in the afternoon...

Always love to hear about speed ups!!

Can anybody say which games will benefit from the FM and sound mixer code speedups? Are these just general improvements that affect all games?

Back