Mame4all Gp2x 1.4

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X:

Changes by Headoverheels:
- Fixed graphic priority in Xain'd Sleena.
- Added 7 new romset from MAME 0.37b7:
+ Batsugun Special Ver. (batugnsp)
+ Exerizer (Japan) (bootleg) (exerizrb)
+ Mahou Daisakusen (Japan) (mahoudai)
+ Pipi & Bibis / Whoopee (Japan) [bootleg ?] (pipibibi)
+ Shippu Mahou Daisakusen (Japan) (shippumd)
+ Sky Fox (skyfox)
+ Truxton II / Tatsujin II / Tatsujin Oh (Japan) (tatsujn2)

Changes by Slaanesh:
Use Cyclone for M68010 as well as M68000 CPUs.
This gives a good speed up for games such as Gauntlet, Marble Madness and other Atari games.

Changes by Franxis:
Raiden CPU frequency fixed (reduced from 20 to 10 MHz). Still very slow.

The download is here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Thanks Franxis and Head over Heels.

I was testing Gauntlet on the GP32 thinking that it was almost as fast as the GP2X version - which seemed odd as the GP2X version should be way faster.
I checked the code and found that Gauntlet and all the other Atari 68000 games used M68010 CPUs! So with my change I just included the M68010 as one of the CPUs that Cyclone gets swapped with. The M68010 is really just a slightly more efficient (w/ cache I think) version of the M68000 so this little hack should work fine.

Now Gauntlet and all the other Atari 68000 games should work much faster with Cyclone enabled. And the GP2X version beats the pants off the GP32 version again, like I was expecting :)

ledow said:
This is great.

Any chance of adding Logic Pro / Logic Pro 2, which were in Mame 0.37b6?
I think I could add that in for you, no problem. If people have any games they'd like added (that are reasonably close in version to 0.37b5) I'd be happy to try and add them in. Just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work, and thanks to everyone involved. :D

I do wish that FeMAME would be adapted for MAME4ALL; it was really useful.

slaanesh said:
ledow said:
I think I could add that in for you, no problem. If people have any games they'd like added (that are reasonably close in version to 0.37b5) I'd be happy to try and add them in. Just let me know.

It shouldn't be that hard, it's a Deniam-system based game. They only made about 10 games for that system but it's extremely similar to the System16 board. The MAME deniam.c file is basically a copy of the System16 file with a few changes here and there, as far as I know. Apparently it was incredibly easy to make the MAME "driver" for it. Unfortunately, my head hurts when I try to figure out MAME's layout and build process and I can't find the version of MAME where it was first introduced for the relevant "old" (i.e. 0.37b6) deniam.c

As a bonus, it would also enable about 8 or so other games, I think, but I don't know what they are like because I've never played them.

slaanesh said:
Please Can you fix sound in rygar? :)

MAME is always a good thing to put onto the GP2X. :)

I wanted to ask how I can change the Controlls, I wasn't able to set up useful controls for "Battle Zone" in MAME. At least not with the MAME ingame Menu. ^^""""

And is there a good (and up to date) list of which settings are the best for each Game?

noldor73 said:
Sounds fine to me (and Rygar is one of my faves). Have you done a clean install? Rygar had terrible sound a few versions of MAME ago.

fusion_power said:
I wanted to ask how I can change the Controlls
press HOME+SELECT in the game mode, then go to Input (General) to change controls for all games, or to Input (This game) to change controls in the current game. then use joystick to navigate to the needed control and B to change it, then press needed button or joystick direction.

Thanks for the update.

Anyone manage to get Star Castle to show graphics? Also is there anyway to clean up the graphics on game like Asteroids? They looked better on the MameGP2X.

Everything else I tried looked and run GREAT!

MrHillBilly said:
Thanks for the update.

Anyone manage to get Star Castle to show graphics? Also is there anyway to clean up the graphics on game like Asteroids? They looked better on the MameGP2X.

Everything else I tried looked and run GREAT!
Yeah Star Castle and Armor Attack I think it was plays the sounds but displays only a black screen. It has been like that for a few versions.

The vector games use some antialiasing to simulate vector CRTs. It looks nice in many games to me, otherwise it looks too pixlely and less like the arcade. An option to do it either way would be nice but I wouldn't get rid of the smooth AA entirely.

ledow said:
slaanesh said:
ledow said:

It shouldn't be that hard, it's a Deniam-system based game. They only made about 10 games for that system but it's extremely similar to the System16 board. The MAME deniam.c file is basically a copy of the System16 file with a few changes here and there, as far as I know. Apparently it was incredibly easy to make the MAME "driver" for it. Unfortunately, my head hurts when I try to figure out MAME's layout and build process and I can't find the version of MAME where it was first introduced for the relevant "old" (i.e. 0.37b6) deniam.c

As a bonus, it would also enable about 8 or so other games, I think, but I don't know what they are like because I've never played them.

I've added this in. It looks alright, basically a Picross clone! Nice! :)

Should be available for MAME4ALL GP2X 1.5.

imhotep said:
noldor73 said:
Sounds fine to me (and Rygar is one of my faves). Have you done a clean install? Rygar had terrible sound a few versions of MAME ago.

Yes, Rygar sound was fixed in 0.37b5 so it should be alright now.

Back