Mame4all Any Help Much Appreciated

wolforrest

Still Fresh
I have a gp2x f200 with 4.0.0 firmawre. I have downloaded mame4all and placed it on the sd card. But i cannot see any roms to put into the folder only a directory list. Any help would be muck appreciated.

Question....I am getting the f-200 and wondered if someone could post as complete as possible list of the best amulators for this system (are they different from the f-100 ? ) especially less popular systems like intellivision, atari 5200 etc (if they exist)but also love snes, mame,nes ...etc...............MUCH appreciated for any info you guys can give me. :)

cranker said:
Question....I am getting the f-200 and wondered if someone could post as complete as possible list of the best amulators for this system (are they different from the f-100 ? ) especially less popular systems like intellivision, atari 5200 etc (if they exist)but also love snes, mame,nes ...etc...............MUCH appreciated for any info you guys can give me. :)
This is the most complete list i could find.

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5

As for them being the same, A lot of them should work on both systems (F100 or F200) without too much trouble. But it really boils down to what firmware is installed on a particular system, The emulators compatibility with certain firmwares and whether touchscreen support has been implemented or not.

Hope this helps. :)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks :) that is a great list but I have another question. I am about to buy a used f-200 because it looks better thatn the f-100 but it seems as though alot of emulators are nor available for the f-200 like the atari 2600, colecovision, intellivision.......seems like they are only available for the f-100. can anyone confirm this?
Did they just stop updating the section for what systems they work for?....should i get the f-100 or do some of the emus actually work that say only "f-100" ?? thx for any info before my purchase decision.

cranker said:
Thanks :) that is a great list but I have another question. I am about to buy a used f-200 because it looks better thatn the f-100 but it seems as though alot of emulators are nor available for the f-200 like the atari 2600, colecovision, intellivision.......seems like they are only available for the f-100. can anyone confirm this?
Did they just stop updating the section for what systems they work for?....should i get the f-100 or do some of the emus actually work that say only "f-100" ?? thx for any info before my purchase decision.

Almost all of them should work in the F-200 without any problems. Most of those F-100 only emulators listed there were released before the F-200, so their label is outdated, while some of newer ones might just be mislabelled.

There could be a few that won't work in F-200 due to the missing stick-click and/or netchip, but I don't know any as I haven't tried that many. A few also might not work due to the sound frequency incompatibility on the F-200, but the major ones got updated to fix this, and this is no longer an issue in FW 4.1.1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back