Mame4all Issue: Need Help

dochuge

Still Fresh
Hey all,

Just downloaded mame4all but no rom will work. I get a "forbidden by copyright law" message and to press esc. to back out BUT to type "OK" to continue. I never had this message using the other mame program. I hit all the buttons, I've read the readme file, but I'm staring at a black and white text screen now. Any help appreciated.

Just press the stick left and right a few times at that message until it starts.

From the readme:

NOTE: To type OK when MAME requires it, press LEFT and RIGHT.

Regards,
Stephan

Thanks, I found it. It's rather an IMPORTANT piece of information. It's in the middle of the readme file in one small sentence. Without this knowledge you are out of luck! Just want to again thank members of this board, I had some real problems getting stuff to run on the GP2X and I was always answered quickly by friendly helpful people. This is a really neat little community. Buying the GP2X (and I really had my doubts) was one of the best purchasing decisions I've made. The handheld is just incredible! I'm just batting down the hatches waiting for the Pandora to arrive! Kudos to the developer of this emu too, it's really teriffic!

dochuge said:
Thanks, I found it. It's rather an IMPORTANT piece of information. It's in the middle of the readme file in one small sentence. Without this knowledge you are out of luck! Just want to again thank members of this board, I had some real problems getting stuff to run on the GP2X and I was always answered quickly by friendly helpful people. This is a really neat little community. Buying the GP2X (and I really had my doubts) was one of the best purchasing decisions I've made. The handheld is just incredible! I'm just batting down the hatches waiting for the Pandora to arrive! Kudos to the developer of this emu too, it's really teriffic!
Yupp. I also had to read the whole readme twice to find this message. And for vertical rotation mode, you have to push up+down if you holding the GP2X still horizontal. ^^""

Last edited by a moderator:
Back