Newbie Mame4all 1.5 Help

wolforrest

Still Fresh
Hi i would be really grateful of you help as im getting nowhere fast. I have a gp2x f200 and have downloaded mame4all 1.5. I have placed some roms from 1.5 fullset into the roms folder and unrar'd them put them onto the sd card and inserted it into the gp2x. But on the games screen when i get to the roms folder i can see the games but when i enter them there is an empty folder. If i try the mamegpe icon it says error no games were found. Any ideas what im doing wrong! Once again many thanks for any help.

Why did you unrar the games? Were they rar files? Most repositories, if not all of them, store games in zip format. Anyway. Do not unzip/decompress games and do not change the name of the zip file.

Why did you post this twice? Anyway, I replied in the other one; I'll just repost it here.

You don't unrar/unzip the ROMs. Just add them as ZIP files to the ROMs folder. Make sure they are in a ZIP format and follow the MAME file names (and format).

(If any mod is reading, please delete the other one in the Emulation section.)

Loads of information is supplied in the included readme.txt.

As other people have said, you do not need to unzip the ROMs, in fact it's better if you do not.
Each .zip file should contain the required files for that ROM. Some games use multiple .zip files; this is common if you are playing a clone version of the original.

I haven't tried unzipping the ROMS, though it actually is supported by MAME (including the GP2X version) but possibly not supported by the included mame.gpe frontend, which is why it's saying "no roms found".

What version of mame works with gp2x mame4all v1.5 ? .34 or .37 or .37b6 ? and where can I find the complete set of roms for that version?.........thx for any info anyone can share. I just need to understand a bit to get started.............Can someone run through the process for me ? thx again :) pm me if you like. This is the first emulator i will attemp to install.................help........LOL

cranker said:
What version of mame works with gp2x mame4all v1.5 ? .34 or .37 or .37b6 ? and where can I find the complete set of roms for that version?.........thx for any info anyone can share. I just need to understand a bit to get started.............Can someone run through the process for me ? thx again :) pm me if you like. This is the first emulator i will attemp to install.................help........LOL
MAME4ALL is a port of MAME 0.37b5. The romset it supports are based on that version, but there are a couple of games that are from higher versions.

(While MAME GP2X, which is the predecessor of MAME4ALL, is based on MAME 0.34. It also includes some games from higher versions.)

If you know how to use ClrMame Pro, then you can build the romset yourself. If not, you can search for torrents for the GP2X that contain the romset needed for MAME.

Reading the Readme included is a good place to start. It covers the information needed to install, configure, and play MAME.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAME4ALL is a port of MAME 0.37b5. The romset it supports are based on that version

Anyone have any links that might help me find this complete set ?? thx:) (I will be using the latest version of mame4all with 0.37b5)

jsut out of curiosity someone mentioned 0.37b6..........is this the same version with some additions ?

also is there a romset that supports each version (0.37b5, 0.37b6...etc) or does one set support all the 0.37 versions ?

anyway I just need a link to the set that will work with the latest mame4all if anyone can point me in that direction

I will use mame 0.37b5 as Manjuu suggested :) ..............again, any help is appreciated !!

Back