Amiga Emu Help Needed

dochuge

Still Fresh
Hey all,

I am really close to turning the GP2X into an Amiga 500, here's what I've done:

1) I made a folder on my SD card called "amiga"
2) I downloaded the Amiga emu files into that directory
3) I placed kickstart rom into the same directory, I made sure its the 512kb 1.3 version, and I renamed it "kick.rom"
4) I placed an .adf rom into the roms folder

When I start it says that the "kick.rom" cannot be found, hmmmm...., it's the right one and I did rename it yet the emu isn't "seeing" it, can anyone help? I had an Amiga 500 in the late 80's and want to relive some of my earlier days. Thanks.

I think uae4all is case sensitive, kickstart rom name shoud be in capitals. KICK.ROM should work.

I am using the latest version of UAE4all. I am using the 512kb 1.3 kick start rom. I have renamed it "kick.rom", all in lower case letters and placed it in the same directory as the .gpe file. I am going to try another kickstart rom and see if the one I acquired wasn't the right one. Shame about no savestate for this particular emu, but if I can play handheld Amiga at a reasonable speed I will be entirely grateful!

Still no dice. This one is a baffler. I tried a NEW kickstart rom and renamed it in both upper and lower cases as "kick.rom". The emu still can't see this rom I've placed inside of the same directory as the .gpe file. I feel like there is something I am overlooking here.

Still no dice. This one is a baffler. I tried a NEW kickstart rom and renamed it in both upper and lower cases as "kick.rom". The emu still can't see this rom I've placed inside of the same directory as the .gpe file. I feel like there is something I am overlooking here.

I'm sure this is in the readme, but you need the 1mb 1.3 kickstart. Give that a try

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure this is in the readme, but you need the 1mb 1.3 kickstart. Give that a try

Hmmmm...the documentation says that I need the 512KB one instead of the 256KB one. In fact, I looked through a bunch of kickstarts and I do not even see a 1mb 1.3 kickstart version.

Hmmmm...the documentation says that I need the 512KB one instead of the 256KB one. In fact, I looked through a bunch of kickstarts and I do not even see a 1mb 1.3 kickstart version.

Ok, maybe you right there ;) I've forgotten as its been a while but I'll tell you the exact kickstart im using and its name.

Send you a PM, but for anyone else having trouble, make sure the rom file is in your main uae4all directory, NOT in the rom folder.

I renamed mine KICK.ROM, and it was the 512k Kickstart v1.3 rev 34.5 (1987)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000-CDTV)[o].rom

I find uae4all pretty disappointing actually. Slow and buggy :(

Luckily I have an amiga 3000 sitting on my desk, so its all good :)

I wonder if any of these Amiga emus are being worked on anymore? Or have they gone to the abandoned emu scrap heap?

I really hope that's not the case, Maybe just a direct port of UAE is what's needed here? Not entirely sure if that would help matters. Maybe XFellow is an option, though I don't know too much about it if I'm honest.

i still work on uae2x (and pspuae)..
pspuae now uses psp's second core (ME) for sound but it's a little bit buggy..

but i don't have a release date yet :}

I wonder if any of these Amiga emus are being worked on anymore? Or have they gone to the abandoned emu scrap heap?

uae2x is a "direct port" of uae (e-uae)..
and fellow has too many x86 asm code so it's not an option..

I really hope that's not the case, Maybe just a direct port of UAE is what's needed here? Not entirely sure if that would help matters. Maybe XFellow is an option, though I don't know too much about it if I'm honest.

i still work on uae2x (and pspuae)..
pspuae now uses psp's second core (ME) for sound but it's a little bit buggy..

Could you use the second core for the GP2X version or is the PSP your main focus now?

I still think the GP2X version could be close to full speed with alot of optimizations.

current uae2x uses second core for some drawing stuff and i'm at the state where i don't have time to move forward nor go back to single core.. thus no release nowadays :(

and gp2x is my main focus :)
i joined the pspuae dev team so that we share our knowledge/exchange sources for optimizations..

Could you use the second core for the GP2X version or is the PSP your main focus now?

I still think the GP2X version could be close to full speed with alot of optimizations.

The Amiga emulation is the one I look forward to the most on my 2x then followed by c64.
The other Emu's are added on great bonuses.
Most of the stuff I have tried on my emulator UAE4ALL has been great, especially considering the limitations of the machine the 2x is doing a pretty good job.
I haven't seen UAE2x is that another one or a name for 4all.
I'm off to look now, anyway well done all you Amiga GP2X developers.

I don't know how you manage it all as my PC was in the 2Ghz + stages before Amiga emulation became in any way actually acceptable, how on earth your doing it on a 200Mhz processor is beyond me.

oh yeah has anyone got Hunter working Mine always crashes my 2x before it loads, tried a few of the versions.

Back