Amiga Emu Help Needed

Realistically I don't see how the GP2X will do full speed Amiga Emulation, which is a bit of a shame for C= fans , but if the Vice64 port was polished up a bit that would sort of make up for it. :D

The Amiga emulation is the one I look forward to the most on my 2x then followed by c64.
The other Emu's are added on great bonuses.
Most of the stuff I have tried on my emulator UAE4ALL has been great, especially considering the limitations of the machine the 2x is doing a pretty good job.
I haven't seen UAE2x is that another one or a name for 4all.
I'm off to look now, anyway well done all you Amiga GP2X developers.

I don't know how you manage it all as my PC was in the 2Ghz + stages before Amiga emulation became in any way actually acceptable, how on earth your doing it on a 200Mhz processor is beyond me.

oh yeah has anyone got Hunter working Mine always crashes my 2x before it loads, tried a few of the versions.

UAE2X (wip1) seemes faster and more compatible than the current uae4all version. And many games are fast enaugh to be playable. My most pleasent surprise in this matter was when trying the racing game Vroom, it feels almost like playing it on a real amiga.

But I'm not sure what you expect from your Amiga emu on the PC, since you needed 2GHz+ for it. In the early WinUAE days, I had a pentium 166 Mhz, and apart from some sound glitches, it could play many A500 games in acceptable speed. But remember that some older WinUAE versions can be faster than newer releases, because the authors priority is not speed now, but compatibility. And in some cases this reduces the performance. I think the authors have written something about this somewhere in the docs or on the web page.

Last edited by a moderator:
amyren posted on Feb 22 2007 at 08:08 PM said:
UAE2X (wip1) seemes faster and more compatible than the current uae4all version. And many games are fast enaugh to be playable. My most pleasent surprise in this matter was when trying the racing game Vroom, it feels almost like playing it on a real amiga.
uae4all 0.6.4 should be faster than uae2x. It has been for me in my brief comparison, but if it's not for you, then fair enough. Are you comparing them at the same clock speed?

I'm sure that uae2x is more compatible, though.

I hope to work on uae4all more in the next month or two, but I'm not very motivated at the moment due to other things in my life.

critical posted on Feb 22 2007 at 08:48 PM said:
I hope to work on uae4all more in the next month or two, but I'm not very motivated at the moment due to other things in my life.

Well, I'm happy to hear the first part of that, but sorry about the second part...

Critical, glad to hear you are still working on UAE4all. For me all it lacks is savestates and maybe just a little more speed. Real life always comes first though ;)

Back